View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2008, 23:31
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2

On Ladbrokes old forum, i remember lots of bravado betting between, "mystery" and "ruddock", also "mystery" and "plymlegend" about whose football team would finish higher in the league, the threads went on for months, and to be honest they were boring to me and others, because there was only going to be one result.."Bets being called off"
Now im not condoning or agreeing with any of those that were involved, and maybe any of these people aren't " themanwiththeknow", but in my opinion they were all betting a loser and really couldn't have hoped to get paid.
It was a open forum that had many people, acting like they were "Rambo" with people saying such thing's as, "I bet you "blah blah blah" and loads of nonsense poker challenges and football challenge bets . The trouble is, once a bet like that is placed verbally on a open forum, your first thought is, "will i get paid if i win and in reality you know you wont
My thoughts are as to whether anyone here was involved in these betting rows, "well should they have paid or been paid" or, "could they expect to have been paid".............No, not really !!!
I know all about 'gentleman's agreement's' and 'men of honour' and 'my word is my bond' but as i have said that was an open forum, full of "Rambo's" chanting "don't push me" !!.... I feel that if "manwiththeknow" wants to run a competition that he his going to finance for the forum members to enjoy and benefit from...that's great. However, nobody should be asked to to put monies into an event that is controlled by someone, taking that money to put into an account owned by the organiser !!
Finally i would like to thank "Pkaplaya" for bringing the matter to the forum member's attention and over these last months he has been a person i have grown to respect, not just his knowledge of racing and sports but also for the way he conduct's and writes his post's, with great enthusiasm that brings us together as a community
So if all you guys want to do this football competition fine, as long as nobody has to part with money, i cant see a problem..!!
Finally, please...... no more charity donation's to outside events. ..If you want to donate to a charity....I'll give you my bank account details

glk guys...........benny