View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2008, 20:49
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Ascot King George Saturday !!

Well here we go, one of the best races of the year 'The King George V1 and Queen Elizabeth Stakes
So lets ask a few who can win..
"Shane you understand Irish, Translate what Richard Hughs say's for me , "Richard what do you think about your mount Youmzain" ?
"He is flying at the moment and it was a real treat to ride him in France,"
"They went a good gallop that day and it proves that when there is pace, he never runs a bad race."

Hughes will continue to emply waiting tactics on Mick Channon's five year old as they seem to be the key to his success.

"We tried to ride him third or fourth with no excuses in Germany last year and he failed to finish properly and could not beat the first four," Hughes explained.

"We have to be out the back with him and if there is no pace then we have to try and find another way of winning on board him".
"But if there is a decent clip there are no problems at all and he really starts to finish once he begins to pass horses. I enjoy riding him and get a real kick out of it!"
Did we understand that Shane ? "Hic yus i did"
Lets find someone else, "Valerie who do you know" ?
Hmmm Aidan speaks Irish or double dutch, i'd like to talk to him
"Oh Aidan can i have a chat about you horse Duke of Marmalade"
"I'm happy with him and everything has been good since Ascot, at two he injured his shin at Goodwood and he had to get a couple of screws and a plate inserted. We found that they were bothering him, but we got it sorted over the winter and he has been a different horse this year.
"We were happy with him going into the Ganay, his work was very good and we knew what he was able to do last year carrying an injury.
"It was the same story in the Tattersalls Gold Cup, he came forward again and won nicely.
"All any horse can do is win those Group Ones, some horses shy away from them. He didn't do a lot when he hit the front at Ascot, but we were delighted with him.
"There's loads of races for him after this and we always take one race at a time, but this is his first time over a mile and a half and we don't really know what is going to happen when he goes past a mile and a quarter, it's going to be interesting."
"This horse has won three Group Ones and Soldier Of Fortune had already had two runs - we decided to give him a mid-summer break with an autumn campaign in mind so the decision was easy enough.
"He's very good this horse, his physique, pedigree, mentally, attitude, everything about him. He just wins his races and is very professional."
"Valerie, did he take a breath there"? Geeez ..sigh !!
"What do ya think guys" ? "Lets take a break, drink time"
"What about Lucano" ?......Amy said,
Shane looked up, "I'll talk wid that Gosden tomorrow, lets get down the pub Benny !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shane_web_thumb.jpg (5.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg (2.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Shane-Macgowanthumb.jpg (5.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg article-1027242-01A527A000000578-367_233x521.jpg (39.7 KB, 0 views)