View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2007, 18:00
numpty

Default goal line betting

a thread as requestd by benny and tony.............hi guys, how u doing?

it was a few months ago that i really started to look at making serious money from football and was having too many swings just betting on teams to win, as im sure ur well aware of, there is plenty of matches that just dont go the way they should and are normally very poor odds.

1000,s upon 1000,s of coupons were ruined yesterday with man utd losing,

1000,s were lost when m,boro beat arsenal and reading beat liverpool, there is just too many swings and poor odds to consistantly make good money

win, lose or draw there is no guarentees in football, any of the 3 results can happen, so i started to think about what is guarenteed in football??

one thing that has always been and always will happen in football is GOALS!!!

obviously there will be occassional 0-0 draws, but in general, football matches bring goals, so what better way to make cash than to bet on goals!

the bet i use is called the goal line bet, 90% of the time the goal line is set at 2.5 goals and ull get ur odds for the game being over 2.5 goals (i.e 3 or more goals) or under 2.5 goals (i.e 2 goals or less)

these markets are widely available on betdaq and ladbrokes (betfair do it also) but i only use ladbrokes or betdaq

prices for goaline bets are between 4/5 (1.80) and 11/10 (2.10), so decent enough prices

90% of my bets on the goal markets are for the OVERS, i like to find a game that will be 3 or more goals (so teams with poor defences or 2 teams that like attacking football)

i very rarly do the unders because it only takes a dodgy penalty or a red card to open the floodgates and the goals poor in, but i use them sometimes like on man city vs liverpool today, (game had unders written all over it), but the majority is the OVERS.

it doesnt take much to make it work for u, just a little bit of homework on previous results and ull find some selections

before yesterday tottenham had played 9 home games in the premier league and ALL 9 GAMES were over 2.5 goals, reading had played 9 away games to date and 6 out those 9 were OVER 2.5 GOALS so between totts home games and readings away games thats 15 out of 18 games that were over 2.5 goals (3 or more goals) so the overs was ALMOST GUARENTEED, as im sure ull know the totts v reading game finished 6-4 so that is now all 10 home games for spurs finished in the overs (odds were 1.84)

before motherwells home game with dundee utd yesterday, motherwell had played 9 home games and dundee utd 9 away games and out of those 18 games 14 were over 2.5 goals, so stats say that this game will be over 2.5 goals, and what was the score?..........5-3 to motherwell (overs were 1.90)

so these were 2 games that were alomost certainly going to have 3 goals or more (motherwell game had 3 goals after 21 minutes) and the double paid odds of 3.49 (5/2)

ladbrokes do goal line betting on all matches in all 4 english leagues and the SPL, (they also do conference aswell but i rarly bother)

so thats 52 games to choose from and u only need 2 or 3 results to get a nice return,

there was 49 games yesterday in which 19 finished in the unders (2 goals or less) and 30 finished in the overs (3 goals or more), it really isnt that hard to find 2 or 3 games that will have 3 or more goals out of 52 matches, yesterdays results swayed towards the overs, but normally its pretty 50/50, half the games will finish in the unders and the other half will be overs

so there is roughly 26 games that have 3 or more goals each week and u only have to find 2 or 3 out of those games

minimum odds ull take is 4/5 so a double will pay a minimum of 3.25, at first glance this doesnt seem to great, but what i am finding that works is starting with £50 and trying to hit 3 consectutive doubles

£50 on a double will return a minimum of £162.50, then u put that £162.50 on another double and ur returns will be £528, then u put that on another double and u get returns of £1716

now uve turned ur £50 into £1700 in 3 doubles, or after ur second double comes in, u can take out ur £50 u started with and bet the rest, and if it doesnt come in then u still have the £50 u started with and can start again

ur only aim here is trying to get 3 doubles in a row, i had a double come in yesterday and a double come in today so im only 1 double away from turning £50 into a MINIMUM OF £1700

there is 41 matches on news years day, all u have to do is find 2 games out these 41 matches for a double, there is 10 matches on wednesday, maybe be able to sniff out a double here, then there is a full programme of league and fa cup football on saturday (50 odd games), if u can sniff out a double here, then u can potentially put a £50 bet on news years day and come saturday night (3 doubles later) u could be sitting with about £2000

obviously ur not going to win every single time u bet, games that have goals galore written all over them sometimes end up 0-0 borefests, but like i said a little homework on results can go a long way

last friday night i look at all the previous results for the teams playing on saturday and wrote down all the stats and see what stood out

these are what stood out!!................

15 out of 18 games between spurs at home and reading away were the overs, 14 out of 18 of motherwells home games and dundee utds away games were the overs, 16 out of 21 of oldhams home games and walsalls away games finished in the unders, and 17 out of 24 of leicestrs home games and charltons away games were unders

so according to these stats spurs vs reading should have been over 2.5 goals (it was it finished 6-4), motherwell vs dundee utd should have been the overs (it was it finished 5-3) oldham vs walsall should have finished unders (it did it was 0-2) and leicester vs charlton should have finished in the unders (it did, it was 1-1)

these 4 standout selections all went the way the stats said they should and would have paid 13.24 with ladbrokes (wish i was on )

there is 41 games on news years day and i have all unders and overs results for every team playing in those 41 games in my writing book

go to ladbrokes and click on football, on the left hand side under featured events, click on goal line coupon, and the whole selection of unders and overs prices will be there,

ladbrokes havent priced up all games yet, but there is some there

they should all be priced up by tomorrow night, go and have a look and maybe stick a few pennies on a double or treble for new years day and see how u get on,

ive spoke about goal markets on another forum and a guy i know there read it and put a £2 bet on a treble, it came in and he put his winnings on another treble, that one came in also and then he did a double, that also came in and within 2 weeks he had turned his £2 into about £270

i know ive rambled on here and ur probably bored reading, but if u have any questions dont hesitate to ask

take it easy guys and good luck

Last edited by themanwiththeknow; December 30th, 2007 at 19:59.