View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2014, 21:14
Serious Punter

Hi remember me

Just want to wish everyone a belated happy new year and hope everyone is well lol.

Right it's that time of the year again when the domestic cricket season is fast approaching and here are a few bets that might tickle your fancy:

Division 1 County Championship Tip - Lancashire (13/2) Now those who know me are probably thinking typical biased CT backing his beloved county cricket side but to be honest I cannot see any side in Division 1 running away with it this year and am somewhat surprised Notts are bookies favourites at 4/1 because the last couple of seasons they have somewhat been very inconsistent in the 4 day game and have been very lucky to stay up and I personally think they could be a shock bet for the drop.

Division 2 County Championship - Hampshire (4/1) mainly because all round they have strength in depth and if England calls don't hamper some of their key players, I can see them going up this coming season. However Kent at 7/1 looks a tasty little punt as with Darren Stevens being able to resume his Kent career after his not guilty verdict in the BPL Match-Fixing Case and Doug Bollinger as overseas player, Kent will go into this season not thinking they are going to be one of the whipping boys and could maintain a serious challenge for honours.

Natwest T20 Blast - More games than ever before will come into fruition with the Natwest T20 Blast and the holders Northants are at 14/1 and they have to make Wantage Road a fortress after last year's success but I can't see it happening and the T20 always seems to have a less fancied side winning this competition and one team impressed me quite a bit last year and have an overall good all-round side and my tip for this is an outsider - Glamorgan (25/1).

Royal London 50 over Cup - Warwickshire (10/1)