Thread: TPC @ Sawgrass
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2008, 19:55
talk sport tipster

Default Heres my thoughts..............

Firstly this is one of my favs as anything can happen over the last few holes so if your up there on the last day you always have a chance.

Looking at the field its very open now Tiger isnt playing. For my sort of bets i prefer Tiger in as he keeps the prices a bit tighter and good for laying later in the tournie.

Well after a study i have five against the field at Laddies prices (although i will bet with the exchanges as you could get 10 or more points over Laddies).

STUART CINK...(20/1) Has been playing some consistant golf over the last few weeks 7 top ten finishes in his last 10 starts. Not the greatest of winners but i think he could be right there come Sunday afternoon on a course that rewards consistancy ahead of flair.

SERGIO GARCIA...(40/1) Been right off his game over the last 18 months but i think hes starting to get his game together again and with the help of his girlfriends father (Greg Norman) i think his putting is beginning to get somewhere near to what it was when he was winning consistantly.

SCOTT VERPLANK,,,(100/1) A player who has promised so much and has been right in contention at the big ones but has failed to deliver. He has always played well here and i think that this course provides his best chance to win big

STEPHEN AMES...(80/1) Overpriced as usual for a golfer who when he gets on a roll is as good as most of the top 10 (Tiger being the exception). I have backed him a few times and although he has never won for me has always given me a good run and i have been able to lay him off for a profit

HENDRIK STENSON...(40/1) Not a player i back very often but hes the man in form and if you take away his early departure from this years WGC matchplay his last events read...17th 3rd 6th 2nd 2nd and i think hes going to be my main bet in this and i hope his good form can continue on a course that suits his game and one where he has played well before.

Lets hope we get a good run for our money......good luck guys and enjoy..

We can keep up todate on this thread.