View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:36
Ringing the Pompey Chimes!

Tony

I am surprised you are happy to see him go. That is certainly not the view coming across from other fans the media have been speaking to.

I am sure that fans of Premiership clubs outside the big four would bite your hand off to have had the success Chelsea has had since Jose arrived.

You may have a wealthy owner, but money does not always buy success.

Things may have gone off the rails a bit to Chelsea standards of late, but certainly not in comparision with other Premiership clubs. Yes, it is obvious things have not been right for a while from the owner down possibly to the dressing room. Something went wrong. But this is the same manager that brought success. So who is really to blame for such unrest that was once very good?. Neither manager or team become bad overnight. Rumours are that Roman brought in players Jose did not want. If true, no manager could cope with that and keep the same high standard.

Time will tell whether getting rid of Jose was a good move.

We had Avram Grant at Pompey. He worked well with Harry, Tony Adams and Joe Jordan. But to be manager of a premiership club is another matter.

The rest of us will watch with interest. But I have a feeling getting rid of Jose will come back to haunt the club.

David