View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2008, 13:27
talk sport tipster

Default Well..............

Even though im not a supporter of any team in the championship im really looking forward to the start of the season now we have a little banter going...

Back in the late 70s when i was a wee lad i used to have a mate who lived in Nottingham and followed Forest everywhere. I used to go to stay at his a couple of weekends a month and also followed Forest.
Luckily for me it was just before they were promoted to DIV one and for the next six seasons i travelled all around europe following the great Brian Clough team.

Ive been to so many grounds not only in this country but also in europe and was at both European Cup finals (Munich 79 and Madrid 1980).

In the end the last real Forest game i saw was the ill fated Hillsborough semi v Liverpool in 89.......after witnessing that tragic day following Forest lost its appeal for me and except for the odd game at Ipswich and Colchester i havnt followed them.

But the memories of the great teams from 1978 through to the mid 80s will always be with me and some of the great nights they provided will never in my opinion return to The City Ground...

So for this season i will once again follow Forest and hopefully they will do themselves justice in the Championship and of course finish above DERBY....