20:28
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The 2014 World Cup

Old June 8th, 2014, 09:29
talk sport tipster

Default The 2014 World Cup

Well only four days now until the world cup get under way in Brazil.

The hosts and Argentina lead the way in the betting at 3/1 and 4/1.

England this time are about the right odds at 33/1 but i dont see us getting any further then the 1/4 finals at best...

Roy Hodgson just is not the right man for the job and as usual was a safe pick by the FA and someone they can control.

The team itself in my opinion just dont look like they have any plan B and after two very poor warm up games against poor teams what are they going to do when they come up against real teams with winning form?

We all know he will start with the old guard as thats the safest option but some of these players just dont seem to have the drive at international level anymore.

We need players like Wiltshire and Barclay in the middle to get a bit of bite into the game.

I fear it will be Gerrard and Henderson or Lampard that start.

Rooney really hasnt played a decent game for England in the last two years and Welbeck and Sturridge are to similar and Lambert doesnt even get full games for Southampton last season.

We dont have a plan B going forward and i would have thought bringing Carroll or Crouch would have given us options.

For me i think we will struggle and might have to beat Costa Rica in our last group match and hope the other result goes our way to get out of the group.

So onto the challengers...

Brazil as usual have the players to win this but do they really have the fight if things are going wrong?

If thinks dont then they should win this in a canter but i dont see them being any value.

Argentina will be suited to conditions and have many decent players but willl rely heavily on Messi who has not shown much in the last couple of months for Barcelona and maybe he is feeling the effects of a long season.

The Germans will be there as usual and always find a way of getting to the latter stages and i could see them going all the way to the final again.

Belgium are many peoples outside bet but i feel many will be disappointed once the tournement starts.

For me the one team that has to be backed at 13/2 is ....SPAIN...they seem to be the forgotten team in this and with a very good squad and conditions that suit the holders are my bet to lift the cup......

SPAIN to win @ 13/2

ENGLAND not to qualify from the group @ 2/1

Top Scorer....RONALDO @ 12/1 and MULLER @ 28/1

The Finalists....BRAZIL V SPAIN @ 14/1

SPAIN V GERMANY @ 25/1

BRAZIL V GERMANY @ 22/1

Your thoughts guys.........

Last edited by Tony2005; June 8th, 2014 at 11:38.
Old June 8th, 2014, 10:34
Ha'Way the Lads

A european team has only once won a world cup not held in europe.

Uruguay @25/1 as an outside bet but Argentina will win imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2005 View Post

England not to qualify from the group @ 2/1

Your thoughts guys.........
Buying money !
Old June 8th, 2014, 18:07
I am Titty fancier

i cannot believe tiredeyes is being sensible today.............
England set up and this squad a bad joke, might get a point against an old italian squad, Uruguay probably show us up for what we are,[bad team].might beat costa coffee 1-0,
England not to qualify should be even money so 2/1 is a good wager.
we live in hope but know deep down the excuses are in place,too hot,dodgey hotel,couple of injuries to star players[rooney,gerrard] a laff in itself calling them stars. Hope these called england stars get syphillis and their cocks fall off, cmon Chile @ 50/1.
Old June 8th, 2014, 19:43
Dedicated Punter

What a load of moaners, to back England not to qualify should be a hanging offence. Whilst I accept we aren't going to win it I can't believe how negative you lot are.
Old June 8th, 2014, 20:00
talk sport tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part-Timer View Post
What a load of moaners, to back England not to qualify should be a hanging offence. Whilst I accept we aren't going to win it I can't believe how negative you lot are.

Its an honest opinion......We will never win a big tournie again as our top league has way too many foreign players in it and we dont have the youngsters coming through...

Also the FA NEVER pick the right manager only the ones who are "Yes" men..

The last real manager that wasnt was Venables and we did well under him.
Old June 8th, 2014, 20:20
Dedicated Punter

You're a Chelsea fan and wanted anyone but Liverpool to win the Premier League? They are the only team that have looked to buy and play Englishmen. I wished all you football fans would stop being so hypocritical. If you want us to have a good national team don't glory in all your foreigners
Old June 8th, 2014, 21:04
talk sport tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part-Timer View Post
You're a Chelsea fan and wanted anyone but Liverpool to win the Premier League? They are the only team that have looked to buy and play Englishmen. I wished all you football fans would stop being so hypocritical. If you want us to have a good national team don't glory in all your foreigners

The only reason Liverpool did well was Suarez...

Cole is the best left back we have and they didnt take him...

Terry is the best centre half and they didnt even try to get him to change his mind.

But not to worry as Jones..Smalling and Baines will get us out of trouble.

I dont care one iota about our national team and never will till they get another manager who is not dictate to by the FA and the press....

The FA have killed the national team and also with the help of Sky tv English football....

It was much better at Chelsea before the Abramovich era when we wernt a big team and big game wins ment something.

Now days if we dont win the league or get to the Champions league final its classified as a poor season.......

Gone are the days of "proper" football im afraid.
Old June 8th, 2014, 21:17
Dedicated Punter

I think Sturridge had a large part as well. Just think you signed Eto and Ba after you sold him and if you add Torres to the mix I think he probably scored more goals than those 3 "world class" players.

I got rid of Sky because of what they and others greed have done to our game. I still think the current Manager is better then Redknapp, what's he ever done apart from line his own pockets and bankrupt Portsmouth.
Old June 15th, 2014, 09:26
I am Titty fancier

was alot better performance than i anticipated,saying that thought rooney [apart from his cross for our goal] was shyte as usual,not sure if gerrard was playing or not, hart should stick to hairspray modelling,welbeck showed glimpses of ability,johnson is shyte at defending,crossing and shooting so why is he in the team.as for hodgson he can stick a pineapple up his rectum,think i heard he was delighted with rooney & co, he is clueless,watching game i thought italy had far too much time and space in midfield, im sure we will have atleast 10 of that starting team starting next match,it seems so blatantly obvious to me if rooney plays[i wouldnt have him in the squad] he has to be down the middle,playing him left side last night ultimately was the reason we were defeated. uruguay and costa coffee showed little in their game , so i still hold a thimble of hope in getting out of group stages.
Old June 15th, 2014, 11:32
talk sport tipster

Yes as usual the manager was sticking up for players who we all could see had poor games....