Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

todays football

Old May 6th, 2008, 12:21
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default nice one shark

Hmmm..yes these kind of matches are always hard to predict, however you obviously follow your team and i like 1st goalscorers betting (Ronaldo, if only) also the overs could be right........good luck to you and hope you get to Wembley
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:31
Dedicated Punter

Does sound a bit of a biased opinion dont it...

Yes, i take more notice of Burton's games/results/etc being as i live a goal kick away from the ground - cannot claim to be a font of all knowledge about the Blue Square league in all honesty - but im not a Burton supporter - apart from the odd game i go to see when all else fails my football fervour lies totally and utterly with Derby County (no comments please!) and i'll go to Wembley for the crack value more than a dream come true kinda trip.....I had that last May.....

Game is live on Sultana Sports if anyone cares to watch...and I hope my first contribution to the forum is a successful - partly if not wholly!!
Old May 6th, 2008, 14:21
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Sharky just a thought

I've had a look at this game, i think a small saver on Lee McEvilly 7/1 first scorer (Striker on loan to Cambridge) to cover your bets
Old May 6th, 2008, 14:55
talk sport tipster

Default His old man was shrewd........

And if there was ever a manager who could grind out a 1-0 win away from home it was "old big head", hopefully for you his son has the same ability and that helps you through to the final.

Only living 12 miles from Cambridge i should have an interest in them but i also only live 8 miles from Histon so i tend to follow them.

Cambridge have a good record at home and this should be a fair game and i think you have every chance of going through........gl
Old May 6th, 2008, 18:04
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennythedip2 View Post
I've had a look at this game, i think a small saver on Lee McEvilly 7/1 first scorer (Striker on loan to Cambridge) to cover your bets
I invariably fail with first (or last) goalscorers, though fully agreed it wouldnt be the worst bet.

Tony, Clough Junior has done superbly well at Burton, having resisted many offers from bigger clubs - both Derby and Forest also if you believe the rumours. He seems set on his own agenda and I think is desperate to see Burton promoted - he's been backed by a superb Chairman and I think wants to see it through. I just have this feeling hes a good manager rather than a lucky one...i hope im wrong but i really think that Cambridge will find a way to face up to Exeter at Wembley even though Burton will have probably deserved it.
Old May 6th, 2008, 18:27
talk sport tipster

Just read the Cambride evening post and they really fancy their chances.

A full house is expected around 8000 and they are saying that after conceedeing those late goals Fridays game will seem like a loss to you...

I think it will be very tough but Cloughie will see you through ...maybe after extra time..
Old May 6th, 2008, 18:38
Dedicated Punter

Cambridge 1-0 up after 32 seconds...Robert Wooleaston.....it really was never gonna be a 0-1 result!
Old May 6th, 2008, 18:40
talk sport tipster

not the greatest start but doesnt make a lot of difference as you would have to have scored anyway.........this might be a god send
Old May 6th, 2008, 19:05
Dedicated Punter

1-1 - Daryl Clare 14 minutes.

Not sure if ive misunderstood Tony, but away goals dont count in the playoffs, so any draw will mean E/T - not just 2-2.

One more goal and 2 of my 3 bets will be up...cant be long in coming.
Old May 6th, 2008, 19:15
talk sport tipster

looool, Shark what i ment was you were going to have to score tonight at sometime to even have a chance to go through..

Think that early goal might have woken you lot up..