19:00
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

British Masters Golf

Old September 17th, 2007, 15:56
Professional Gambler

Default British Masters Golf

I have been studying hard this morning and narrowed the field down to the following 6 players:

PAUL CASEY, who won the final Benson& Hedges Invitational here at the Belfry in 2003 and should have won it ( when defending course champion ) last year. He was leading by 3 shots going into the back 9 on the final day when he decided to start hitting his ball into the water, instead of keeping it on dry land ! Current best price 20/1 with Totesport and Betfred.

RICHARD GREEN, who has had 4 top 20 finishes in 5 starts here. Current best price with the bookies 28/1 with Stan James, Bet365 and Paddy Power.

GRAEME McDOWELL, who has shown flashes of good form of late and is back on a course which suits his game and on which he came tied 8th last year, just four shots behind the winner. Current best price with the bookies 40/1 generally.

STEPHEN GALLACHER, who was tied 2nd last year, is a consistent ballstriker and clearly likes this course. Current best price with the bookies 66/1 generally.

GRAEME STORM, who is having a great year and shot a stunning 64 in Round 2 of this event last year. Current best price with the bookies 75/1 Bet365.

PHILLIP PRICE, who has been struggling on the US Tour the last couple of years, but has been showing up on leaderboards of late since his return to the European Tour and has previously posted 3 consecutive course top 12s, including a tied 2nd place here in 2000. Current best price with the bookies (a massive) 150/1 with Stan James and Bet365.

Happy punting,

Ian.
Old September 17th, 2007, 16:14
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Top Man Ian (crapper)

Definitely worth a serious look at , im making notes as i write good great stuff sir benny
Old September 17th, 2007, 17:07
talk sport tipster

Default Very interesting Ian

Now i follow the golf quite a lot and the last two US tournemwnts have tipped up on here and Laddies a few of my fancies.
The Bmw i tipped 4 including Arron Baddley at 100/1 who finished second to Tiger.
Then the tour championship tipped another 4 including Zac Johnson at 80/1 who fonoshed second to Tiger.
The next golf bet i have will be when Tiger isnt playing.........lol
I did tip Zac Johnson at 350/1 for the masters though.

How i like to bet golf is, find about 4 or 5 higher priced players then try to get into the position of being able to lay off, we have been quite sucsessful with backing Tiger pre tournement at anything from 6/1 (early part of the season) to 2/1 which is what he is trading before the start over the last couple.
With Tiger being so consistant he only need to be within 4 or5 shots after the first round and hes even money or worse.
Just wondered what your opinion of these sort of bets.

Thanks and happy punting...Tony
Old September 17th, 2007, 17:48
Professional Gambler

Default Re: Tiger

Hi Tony,

in a tourney where you fancy Tiger, then it's certainly worth betting your tips in the outright market without Tiger, together with an e/w bet in the outright market for that tournament ( obviously a better price with Tiger included ), in case Tiger slips up. He does occasionally ... lol.

Like you, I like to trade on the exchanges, but I do mix it up with a few e/w bets with the bookies where I can get on... which due to successes in recent years has become increasingly more difficult !

Due to being able to spot the value early ( and those players that will be tipped up by the supposed golf experts and, therefore, backed come Tuesday night / Wednesday morning ), then I'm usually able to buy my players on a Monday and then trade my buys back on a Wednesday with a built in profit and no risk factor before a touney has even begun, if I so wish.

Like anything with betting, if you spot an opportunity ( like yourself with Tiger ), then you must obviously exploit that which works for you and offers value over a period of time. That's what this business is all about and will make you a long term winning punter.

Good luck,

Ian.
Old September 17th, 2007, 17:49
Dedicated Punter

Default great stuff

im wading in lads...thanks ian and tony.great to get why as well as who..ty jimmy
Old September 17th, 2007, 18:17
talk sport tipster

Default Thanks Ian

I will be following your selections throughout all four days and hope they return some winnings into our accounts.
Yes i now see why its important to get your bets on early, ive always left it till later and then tried to lay off after round one......this is the wrong way.
much better value the way your doing it.
Hope the pokers going ok and we will soon be watching you on the big screen.

Gl......... Tony
Old September 17th, 2007, 18:39
Professional Gambler

Default Thanks Tony...

...and the poker's going great this year, cheers. If you're interested in watching me on the big screen, then my world Open heat ( filmed at the beginning of May ) is airing on Channel 5 for the 1st time this Wednesday at around Midnight.

Let's hope that we all score a nice return come Sunday.

Good luck,

Ian.
Old September 19th, 2007, 00:41
Professional Gambler

Default British Masters Golf Update

Paul Casey is now a non-runner for this event. It's a shame really, as he'd already been backed down to a best-priced 16/1 two days before the off and was my strongest fancy and number one pick !

Anyone who has placed a bet on him will be refunded in full by their bookmaker after the event has concluded. If it's not done automatically (which it should be) then it's just a case of contacting your bookie and advising them that Casey was, in fact, a non-runner. No ante-post rules apply with any bookmakers on golf bets placed during the week that a tournament is due to commence, so all non-runners are refundable.

There are also no rule 4 deductions on outright golf bets either, so there will be better value ( with the favourite now out of the equation ) on any other players that you have backed.

Ian.
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:58
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default cheers ian

you learn something everyday.......i didnt realise that benny
Old September 20th, 2007, 15:32
Professional Gambler

Default Update Thursday, 20th Sept.

BRITISH MASTERS GOLF

My 2nd pick, Richard Green, has also pulled out of this event before it has started and is thus, like Casey, also deemed a non-runner.

Gallacher finished the first day at 3 under par.

Price was going along nicely at 3 under par, but finished the day poorly and is now one under par.

McDowell plodded to a level par round.

Storm has a big cloud over his head ( deserves a baseball bat over his head ! ) after a woeful 5 OVER PAR effort.

Ian.