Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Formula 1

Old August 24th, 2007, 23:08
ex pat retired

Send a message via MSN to billyboy Send a message via Yahoo to billyboy
Default Formula 1

Opinions please on the rift at Maclaren. will Alonso and Hamilton take it to the wire? Will Ferrarri catch up with Maclaren?
Old August 25th, 2007, 12:42
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default hi Billy

Not that i know much about Formula 1 but , as i understand it, Alonso has no problem with Hamilton, but with Mclaren, saying he feels he should have some kind of bonus for all the help he put in, in the development of the new car ? Now i thought that was what he got paid all that money for anyway ?
Old September 20th, 2007, 04:11
ex pat retired

Aloso cuts his team mate Hamilton up and runs him off the track..."a racing incident" he said. Dirty driving more like. look at the way he held Hamilton up in the pits in practce recently to make sure Hamilton did'nt have enough time left to get and put in a flying lap. Sounds to me like the world champions not the sportsman he thinks he is.
Come on Hamilton, time for revenge here!!
Old September 20th, 2007, 07:53
talk sport tipster

Default To me..

It looks like there is no love lost between them..........but i think Mclaren are putting more support behind Hamilton then Alonso which i think has been the major problem here........
Old September 20th, 2007, 10:12
Professional Gambler

Default Hi guys...

... personally, I would recommend a big wedge on Hamilton at 7/5 with Sportingbet. Last night he was actually 8/5 with them, so I guess the shrewdies have already moved in, but he's still good value.

The reasons for my belief that Hamilton is such a sure thing for the Driver's Championship are as follows:

1./ McLaren are a British team and want a British F1 title winner.

2./ Alonso has been the ''bad boy'' in this recent scandal and his reputation is already tarnished, whilst Hamilton has proven to be squeaky clean and not involved in any of the 'spygate' controversy.

3./ Ron Dennis ( also British ) is not on speaking terms with Alonso and sees Hamilton as McLaren's future. He will make damn sure that Hamilton gets preferential treatment in the run-in to this championship.

Good luck with yer punting,

Ian.
Old September 20th, 2007, 10:31
ex pat retired

Have to agree with all that Crapper. Just wish we had a bookmaker over here for that bet.
Trouble is Engines. can they make them hold together enough. If Hamilton blows one up he will loose out on the championship. Like to see him win it though.
Old September 20th, 2007, 20:19
Dedicated Punter

Default Going to the wire

I think it will go to the wire - Ferrari apparently benefit on tracks with greater down force, which although I am no expert I understand that Japan will favour them over McLaren - Which will close the gap further

Alonso blocked Hamilton at Hungary - He was penalised, whilst Ferrari at the same session allege that they do not favour one driver over the other - as David Couthard pointed out... Exactly how could they FORGET to put petrol in Massa's car during qualifying - Thats almost as good as forgetting to put in the steering wheel...

Regretably I see it like this.... Ferrari favour Raikkonen, but both cars will be fast in Japan (Don't quote me...) - Alonso is consistently the faster in qualification than Hamilton (I think he just has more experience of the tracks, and the times when Hamilton has been on Pole are usually been where Alonso has messed up) so unless they have a failure - Raikkonen 1st, Massa 2nd, Alonso 3rd - Hamilton 4th in Japan (same as last race)

But the last two I feel favour McClaren - So its a coin flip on who will win, but they will go into the last two 1pt apart - If Alonso bottles it - Hamilton wins - I hope so.... However, I feel Alonso wins by 3 pts.

I hope I'm wrong though as I think Alonso has acted like a child who spat his dummy.

Just my two penneth.... :)
Old September 20th, 2007, 22:08
ex pat retired

I agree that Ferrari are well suited to the Japan circuit. But, having been a Mclaren fan for some years now (British) I am hoping for Mclaren wins at all times.
I feel that if they can get the balance right on the cars they have a good chance of a win in Japan. Lets all see what happens
Old September 30th, 2007, 18:34
Dedicated Punter

So glad I was wrong - Fantastic result - Great drive, and if he messes up from here.... well... I don't think he will. A british driver in a british car.... GREAT.
Old October 4th, 2007, 08:01
ex pat retired

Yes, did'nt he do well!
Fingers crossed for a win at singapore this week end now. (I will never tease a "rookie" again...this one showed the world he has what it takes)