22:03
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Championship Talk ...........

Old August 15th, 2008, 19:12
Dedicated Punter

Derby are on telly tomorrow night (hopefully not wearing our god awful new away kit - traditional white n black will be just fine please) away at Bristol City.

I am hoping beyond that an ET win over mighty Lincoln City () will inspire us to greater things - although we did tear them a new a$$hole in the first half but just couldnt stick one away.

Bristol City tough at home though and were one game away from being our replacements in the Prem - I would take a draw with a good performance - a scrappy win even better though. Anything but a desperate defeat a la last week.
Old August 15th, 2008, 19:30
talk sport tipster

Im off racing tomorrow...but will be back to watch the Rams

Hopefully it doesnt clash with the X FACTOR....

Last edited by Tony2005; August 15th, 2008 at 19:49.
Old August 16th, 2008, 10:43
lee

the mighty wolves have sheff weds today at fortress molineux i can't see past a wolves win here maybe 2-0 or 2-1 :brains
cov have a tough game away at barnsley personally think a draw there for cov would be a very good result for them
forest away to swansea i think this will be a forest win (or should be )
derby away to bristol city on paper i think derby should win comfortably but as they are at the moment i'd favour the draw
game of the weekend in championship i think is southampton v birmingham this will be a very tough game for both and should be a few goals in it
Old August 17th, 2008, 12:02
talk sport tipster

Default Saturdays games...

COVENTRY ... go top with a good away win. Wolves reject (shrewd business by Mcarthey..) Eastwood scores again.....Some good transfer dealings this summer are already paying off for the Sky Blues.

WOLVES... who are always solid at home thrashed Sheff Wed 4-1 to make that two unbeaten so far this season and look a threat to the more fancied teams for promotion this season if they can win a few away games.

IPSWICH ... manage to win away at Burnley 3-0...very good for the Tractor Boys seeings they only managed one away win all last season.
The game was held up for nearly an hour after one of the pre match parachutists landed on the roof of the away end......

DERBY ... one of the pre season favorites to go up got their first point of the season away at Bristol City after slipping up at home last week to the Doncaster Belles.
Derby were lucky not to be dead and buried in the first half in what Paul Jewell discribed as a shocking performance. A half time roasting (thats a dressing room one and not a hotel one) from the manager seemed to do the trick and Derby played a lot better second half to escape Ashton Gate with a point.

FOREST ... after a good start at home last week went to fellow promoted team Swansea and a comedy of errors gave Swansea the lead when the ball came back off the post only to hit the goalkeepers head and rebound back into the net. Forest levelled and Ernshaw missed a couple of good chances before Swansea scored from the spot..all be it a rebound off the goal keepers save. A cracking last goal sealed the points for the Swans and left Forest still looking for their first win.

BURNLEY ... who as we know lost 3-0 at home to Ipswich are already bottom and i feel if things dont improve quickly they could be fighting a relegation battle even at this early stage of the season.
Old August 17th, 2008, 14:41
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2005 View Post
[SIZE="2DERBY ... one of the pre season favorites to go up got their first point of the season away at Bristol City after slipping up at home last week to the Doncaster Belles.
Derby were lucky not to be dead and buried in the first half in what Paul Jewell discribed as a shocking performance. A half time roasting (thats a dressing room one and not a hotel one) from the manager seemed to do the trick and Derby played a lot better second half to escape Ashton Gate with a point.
Absolutely right. Our first half performance was almost the same as our 90 mins performance as last week and pretty much the whole of last season. Inept, second best, lack of fight, spirit and effort, and pretty clueless lame football. I feared the worst and like you said, was relieved went we went in only 1-0 down.

Second half though was much more like it. We played with heart, put our foot in, passed and moved with confidence and looked quite menacing going forward. We deserved to win the second half and gain a point - it would have been harsh on Bristol City if we had won it, though Villa's 89th minute header was superb and deserved to go in.

Still need to lose Savage and Claude Davis - McEveley has still got a touch like a mule and Hulse didnt do that much, though could be effective once he finds his rhythm. But the rest, second half, showed promise, and if we can keep that going and start dominating teams as we really should do, I saw enough there that makes me think we could live up to early season expectation.
Old August 19th, 2008, 09:50
Dedicated Punter

In case you've not seen it!!! Takes a while to warm up !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-dDaXCmhPM

Lee
:)
Old August 19th, 2008, 16:14
talk sport tipster

Default Haha...the funny thing is..

My sister who is an Ipswich fan said the game was held up for 45 mins because the announced it wasnt safe and they couldnt get the fire engines through because of parked cars.....well they read out the registration numbers of the cars they wanted moved.....and after 40 mins still the bloke was on the roof so they decided to kick off anyway and they had to get him down from the rear of the stand while the match was on.....
Old August 22nd, 2008, 19:03
talk sport tipster

Default Saturdays matches...

Well all our teams are playing tomorrow..

Ipswich entertain Wolves at Portman Road and after victory away at Burnley last week the tractor boys will be looking for another 3 points against one of their rivals for promotion. Wolves unbeaten so far this season are coming off a good home win last time...Tonys prediction....1-1

League leaders Coventry are at home to promotion hopefuls Bristol City. Coventry started with two wins and new signing Eastwood will be hoping to net again after a good start. City who should have buried Derby in the first half at Ashton gate last Saturday will be hoping to bounce back here with a win...Tonys prediction....1-3

Forest will need to bounce back from a defeat at Swansea and a home game against Watford might not be ideal. The hornets are looking like a team who will challenge for automatic promotion this season after two good results...Tonys prediction...0-2

Derby after a shocking performance on the first day finally found the form everyone was expecting them to show in the second half against Bristol City. If they can continue playing that way they will be right there come May. Southampton are a team in freefall and could easily slip a division lower if they dont start getting their act together. Not a great match for a team that is playing with no confidence...Tonys prediction...3-0

Crystal Palace are another team who should be pressing for promotion and play hosts to bottom club Burnley. The Eagles will be looking for three points here for sure. Burnley have started like a team in disaray and will need to register points very soon. A difficult game for them to start...Tonys prediction...4-1
Old August 22nd, 2008, 19:09
lee

looooooool Tony i'll give ya 10-1 derby don't win 3-0
Old August 22nd, 2008, 19:34
talk sport tipster

Looooool, Lee they should be bankers in the footie bets tomorrow......what do u think of my predictions?