20:28
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

todays football

Old May 5th, 2008, 08:50
lee

Default todays football

just had a look at the football and the newcastle v's chelsea game is a bit of value i can see bet 365 have got chelsea to win 8-15 on the draw is 16-5 and newcastle to win is an incredible 5-1 to me that just screams value especially as it is at st james's park i had rangers to win the other night which again i thought was massive value at 4-1
tell me if i've got this wrong but 5-1 on a 2 horse race (so to speak) is a bet i'd take all day long
Lee
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:31
talk sport tipster

I think the value is to bet Newcastle and the draw. This giving you the two options against the bookies one....

Even though i think Chelsea will win this 3-1....gl
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:54
Dedicated Punter

I have to say I tend to agree with Bally - Newcastle have scored 13 goals in their last 6 games, 7 in their last three home games, and have been 2-0 up in their last two home games at half time!

I think the Keegan management style is taking over and they are getting back to palying entertaining football - I.e., it does not matter if they conceed 3 if they score 4!!! Owen is back on form, so I think Newcastle could nick this -

Betfair are offering nearly 6-1 on this game for Newcastle and 100/30 on the Draw.

Just my twopenneth!

Would make this a smallish bet though
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:03
I am Titty fancier

Although the toon are playing a little better now,Chelsea have too much in midfield and cannot handle Drogba upfront.I think there will be goals in this game and unfortunately for me chelsea will be scoring them.Drogba first scorer @9/2 looks good value to me. gl
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:27
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Lee there's a old saying in football

"Never bet against the home team" However i think Chelsea will win this game, maybe a good bet is the overs 3goals
Old May 5th, 2008, 12:27
talk sport tipster

Have to agree with Taylor and Benny here, Chelsea are a different kettle of fish to the teams Newcastle have been playing over the last few weeks and i think Chelsea will expose their fragile defence today........3-1 to the SUPER BLUES....
Old May 5th, 2008, 16:24
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Wink Ballack scores

Oyi Oyi......... 2 now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Michael_Ballack2_821178.jpg (38.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by bennythedip2; May 5th, 2008 at 16:45.
Old May 5th, 2008, 17:40
talk sport tipster

Well it was easy for Chelsea. Like i said thats the problem for Newcastle they have improved against poor teams but when they are stepped up to play against the top teams they are made to look very Average.
Need a big shake up there....Is Owen really the man to take them forward?
Not in my opinion.
Old May 5th, 2008, 19:04
lee

yep your right i'll hold my hands up \0/ hope nobody backed it
Old May 6th, 2008, 08:41
Dedicated Punter

My home town club Burton Albion take on Cambridge United tonight in the second leg of their Blue Square Playoff fixture.

The first leg on Friday night ended 2-2, with Burton holding a 2-0 leg until the last 15 minutes, having 2 goals disallowed and also Cambridge being awarded a very dubious penalty which got them back to 2-1 and an even more dubious freekick from which they equalised. On their fans website they (fair play as well) acknowledge how fortunate they had been and that to all intents and purposes this tie should be over.

My first value bet of this game is Daryl Clare to score at anytime for Burton (7/4 Bet365, 2/1 Ladbrokes). "The Dazzler" is Burton's leading scorer, talisman and more importantly penalty taker and in a game where chances could be plentiful, I reckon 2/1 is a cracking bet.

Burtons last two games have provided 12 goals between them and again I think goals will be plentiful - so the over 2.5 goals market should be taken with aplomb (17/20 Bet365) - the second leg between Torquay and Exeter yesterday yielded 5 goals yesterday, and with away goals not counting for anything, shutting up shop is not an option.

Burton do have a good record at Cambridge, W1 D2 L0 of last three visits, but im not convinced that Clough can lead them to Wembley. Cambridge eventually finished second in the Blue Square Prem and their fortunate comeback on Friday could suggest they have luck on their side. Burton have a habit of falling just short and being very creditable losers, and though my heart screams otherwise, my head says that Cambridge at Evs will progress....id prefer to take a price on winning the tie overall as opposed to a 90 minute price, as E/T and/or pens could settle it, but in the absence of these markets online, id favour the home side just prevailing over luckless Burton in 90 mins - i predict a 3-2 home win.

Wont be too disappointed if im wrong though...for me its very much a case of if i do my money i'll have a day out at Wembley to look forward to!!!