01:42
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Place your bets....

Old August 4th, 2008, 11:17
Dedicated Punter

Default Place your bets....

Championship Season starts this Saturday, and me and my good, albeit deluded, friend, known as Bally to some - by other names to plenty of others though - have been deep in banter as to the likelihood of whom will fare best this season in the Championship...my beloved Rams against his toothless Wolves.

WE have struck a bet on an even £50 that Derby will finish higher in the league than Wolves and vice versa....we're hoping to get to both games, where I reckon I can get him into Pride Park as a juvenile, though i may have to hold his hand and put a few cushions on his seat so he can see properly.

Not looking to extend the bet, but if you were choosing, where would your £50 go....Derby...or Wolves?

Good luck Bally....up the Rams!
Old August 4th, 2008, 12:38
lee

We won't need luck mate i heard derby have brought all their strikers a sat nav to help find the opposing goal as they only managed to find it 20 times in 38 games last year good to see you brought in hulse your keepers back must be in agony by now
Old August 4th, 2008, 14:56
Dedicated Punter

Rather 20 goals in the Premiership mate than however many in the Championship...we have 50 odd million reasons to have enjoyed the 11 points and 20 goals we scored last season...and its why we know we will be back there soon...you just hope for it.

Id take Hulse the odd carrier over Eastwood the gyppo anyday of the week...it comes to something when even the mighty Olifinjana or whatever his name was wants to leave Molineux cause they dont match his ambition....and he ends up where???? Loooool....

If I were you id ditch the Wolves and follow the Baggies mate...or failing that maybe Bromsgrove Rovers....
Old August 4th, 2008, 15:24
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Wink Guys there's only one team

Come on you Hammers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jdicks%20cartoon.JPG (11.5 KB, 0 views)
Old August 4th, 2008, 15:46
Dedicated Punter

Does Frank McAvennie still play for them?

Or what about Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Michael Carrick or Joe Cole???
Old August 4th, 2008, 16:40
talk sport tipster

Default Well being a season ticket holder at...

CHELSEA...im not too upto date with championship footie.........but i do like to watch the odd game and although i used to have a season ticket at Colchester that was in the days of 2nd and 3rd division football..

Derby last season were the whipping boys of the premier league and although they put up one or two good performances (Man Utd at home springs to mind) on the whole they played like a team who knew from day one they were doomed.

Bringing in Paul Jewell was a good idea but without the resources to buy his task was always going to be an impossible one and now back in the championship i think Derby will once again be able to play the attractive football the club has always tried to play. But the team will have to show a lot more will to win then they did last season as the championship has at least 12 teams who could all get promoted this coming season.

Wolves have always been known as The Sleeping Giants and unfortunatly over the past few seasons thats exactly what they have been doing (sleeping)...a team who promises a lot but rarely delivers when the pressure is on.
Droll and rather boring Mick Mcarthey in my opinion isnt the man for the job and i think they need to get a younger go getting manager in to take his place...I really dont think Mcarthey has the player motivation that is needed in a division like this and although i think thay will do well at home i would be very suprised to see them fighting for either an automatic promotion spot or one through the playoffs.
Macarthy in my opinion will be long gone before May...

Out of the two i think Derby are a better bet for promotion but although i think they will finish higher then Wolves i think they will also fail to get promoted this comimg season.

Im friends with Glen Roeder and would love to see him do well at Norwich but i fear they too will struggle this season so...

My tips for promotion from the championship are...BIRMINGHAM...and SHEFF UTD...and one from..IPSWICH..QPR..PALACE and PLYMOUTH...for promotion through the playoffs...

Enjoy the season guys and good luck....

Last edited by Tony2005; August 4th, 2008 at 16:45.
Old August 4th, 2008, 18:04
lee

pfffffft who asked for your opinion anyway Tony loooooool
oh by the way shark boy eastwood went ages ago it's ebanks blake you hotta try to stop oh and that donkey we got off you
Old August 4th, 2008, 18:35
talk sport tipster

Default Cant believe....

you let The Pikey go.....i thought he would have been a good buy for you lot..

Maybe they got fed up seeing his caravan in the carpark everyday.....
Old August 4th, 2008, 18:37
lee

fed up with the dressing room getting pilfered should be well at home now though think he went to coventry full of all manner of people there
Old August 4th, 2008, 18:39
talk sport tipster

Whats the betting he scores against you lot this year....

I think Chikadee has gone on holiday otherwise she would be on telling us Burnley are going to get promoted......loooool