08:32
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cabye Really £19m

Old January 28th, 2014, 17:25
talk sport tipster

Default Cabye Really £19m

Sky sources understand that Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye will have a medical at Paris Saint-Germain today after both clubs agreed a deal for the player.

The Magpies rejected a £14m bid from PSG on Sunday, but the French club's most recent offer is believed to be significantly higher.

Speculation has been rife that France international Cabaye would be leaving St James' Park during this transfer window with Manchester United also believed to be interested in the player.

Cabaye's desire to play Champions League football - he had a taste at his former club Lille - is believed to have led Newcastle to decide that they should cash in on the Frenchman now.

Earlier on Monday, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew admitted he was worried that he would lose the 28-year-old, who has scored seven goals in 20 appearances for United this season.

Asked if he was confident Cabaye would remain a Newcastle player after Friday's 11pm deadline, Pardew evoked the situation in 2011 when the club sold striker Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £35m late in the window.

"You are talking to someone who lost Andy Carroll with eight hours to go, so am I confident? No, I'm not confident and I don't think any team not in a Champions League position or fighting for a Champions League position could be," said Pardew.

"I don't want him (Cabaye) to go. We have not indicated for one moment here from the owner down to any of my staff that we want him to go, not one iota."

Alan Pardew fears he could lose Yohan Cabaye during the January transfer window after rumours continue to link him with a move to PSG
Pardew added: "We know we have got a club interested in Cabaye, a very wealthy club and a powerful club, and we are conscious of that.

"We are doing our best to protect Newcastle."

"Listen, we are a club that unfortunately at the minute, is not in a Champions League position, so therefore players can turn around to us and say they want Champions League, as Luis Suarez did with Liverpool.

"He stayed, Suarez, and they have got themselves in a position for the Champions league, but they wouldn't be there without him.

"It's a Catch 22 situation: you need to keep your best players to get in there and likewise, they want to play in there, so you have got to give them some hope.

"That's the position we really need to get ourselves into this year, or definitely next year or the year beyond.

"We have got big players, we attract good players, but we are not in a Champions League position or are able to say at the minute, 'We could be Champions League, stay with us and get the football here'.

"We are just a little bit off it. Maybe if we had got a couple more results in January, I could turn around to players and say, 'Well look, say until the summer and we could be Champions League ourselves'.

"But it's probably difficult to say that with the other teams who have just kept winning, unfortunately.

"He has been a great player for this football club, and I think he has got better in this role that I have given him this year. He's playing number 10 for us and he's really taken to it.

"It's boosted his confidence and boosted his value as well, I think."

Cabaye joined Newcastle from Lille in July 2011 and has made 93 appearances for the club, scoring 18 goals.

He has 26 caps for France and represented them at the European Championship in Ukraine and Poland in 2012.
Old January 28th, 2014, 21:15
I am Titty fancier

just watched toon batter norwich ,how its ended up 0-0, I will never know. Cabaye is off,Remy sent off for being a tit, Ben Arfa off injured,two tits from the same tit familly upfront and who are we playing saturday those nasty dirty cheating swyne from wearside. I cant cope and have decided to put out a hit on the Amoebi brothers.would rather play the mackems with 9 men then have these in our team,its not fair and if my worst fears materialise on saturday im finished with it all.
Old January 28th, 2014, 21:18
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2

hahahaaa ...'Only sing when ya winning'
Old January 29th, 2014, 06:46
Ha'Way the Lads

"You are talking to someone who lost Andy Carroll with eight hours to go, so am I confident? No, I'm not confident and I don't think any team not in a Champions League position or fighting for a Champions League position could be," said Pardew.

Geordie delusion at it's finest ... champions league place !

Old January 29th, 2014, 15:47
I am Titty fancier

think you will find we are only 9pts off fourth place,where as you muppets are joint bottom and obviously we are not champions league material,but we can dream, you muppets dream of 0-0 draws and 17th place, I have a bad feeling about saturday so I wont predict a mauling.
Old January 30th, 2014, 15:02
Ha'Way the Lads

I'm worried about Saturday too, what with your lot are challenging for the title, I mean your only 16 points from the top of the league, if you're going to gain 9 points on some teams, fuck it, why not 16, it's only 7 more - Your lot have massive delusions of grandeur, massive, unreal that you even think this way, 9 points off champions league, may as well be 99 you silly, silly mag.

Old January 30th, 2014, 15:15
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2

Yes but these geordies still live in the 80's when 'King Kev' was around

What was his saying ?? .... 'I'd luv it, Luv it, if we beat these'!! .... And that's what those supporters have been singing ever since ..
Attached Images
File Type: gif wink4.gif (859 Bytes, 16 views)
Old January 30th, 2014, 16:49
I am Titty fancier

your team are shyte, worst team in premiership to watch , 20,000 empty seats most games, players are mostly diving,shirt pulling cheaters, i think when you learn to read Pardew said we were not champions league contenders, where as your team deserve to be in the championship.
Old January 30th, 2014, 19:14
Ha'Way the Lads

Let me answer your comments,

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormade View Post
your team are shyte, (yes, we are) worst team in premiership to watch (no, we're not) , 20,000 empty seats most games (wrong but why is that a problem ?? - come back when your team join the 70,000+ attendance club like Sunderland), players are mostly diving,shirt pulling cheaters (no, they aren't) i think when you learn to read Pardew said we were not champions league contenders, (try reading it again) where as your team deserve to be in the championship (that remains to be seen)
You are deluded if you think you're going to pick up 9 points on Man Utd, Everton, Liverpool and Spurs, especially going on current form deluded, every supporter in the country knows that newcastle fans are deluded, you all think football was invented in 1992.
Old January 30th, 2014, 20:54
I am Titty fancier

can any non-mackem please decipher Pardews comments for tiredeyes as his mackem glasses make reading difficult or put me right as i thought he was saying we could lose Cabaye as newcastle are not in champions league place or even contesting a place.