Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

mourinho leaves chelsea

Old September 19th, 2007, 23:23
Punter

Thumbs down mourinho leaves chelsea

Old September 20th, 2007, 07:41
talk sport tipster

Default Being a Chelsea season ticket holder.......

I think its the best thing that could have happened. Weve been going stale for the last eight months. Some of his decisions have been an utter joke,take Tuesday night for example.......... one all and we need to push on, what does he do.......takes off Joe Cole whos a match winner and brings on Ben Hyeem and puts John Terry up front.........

The whole back room staff have become a little untouchable hidding be hind Jose and i think that Roman has decided enoughs enough and it was time to show everyone who really is boss at Stamford Bridge.

Im hapy it was Jose and not Roman that has gone, losing Abramovich would have been far worse.

Im looking forward to going to Stamford Bridge now and seeing the attacking football i know this squad is capeable of.............
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:36
Ringing the Pompey Chimes!

Tony

I am surprised you are happy to see him go. That is certainly not the view coming across from other fans the media have been speaking to.

I am sure that fans of Premiership clubs outside the big four would bite your hand off to have had the success Chelsea has had since Jose arrived.

You may have a wealthy owner, but money does not always buy success.

Things may have gone off the rails a bit to Chelsea standards of late, but certainly not in comparision with other Premiership clubs. Yes, it is obvious things have not been right for a while from the owner down possibly to the dressing room. Something went wrong. But this is the same manager that brought success. So who is really to blame for such unrest that was once very good?. Neither manager or team become bad overnight. Rumours are that Roman brought in players Jose did not want. If true, no manager could cope with that and keep the same high standard.

Time will tell whether getting rid of Jose was a good move.

We had Avram Grant at Pompey. He worked well with Harry, Tony Adams and Joe Jordan. But to be manager of a premiership club is another matter.

The rest of us will watch with interest. But I have a feeling getting rid of Jose will come back to haunt the club.

David
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:51
talk sport tipster

Default Pompy fan

Lets be honest i have thought for quite a while that this was the right decision for the club.
Firstly on the whole his buys have been poor, he has wrecked any relationship that Chelsea had with the media and with other fans by his big headed comments,his team selections over the pass year have been poor and his judgement in letting players leave has come back to haunt him.
This season has been the worst yet, conceeding 2 goals to a poor Birmingham side, getting a very lucky 3 points off you ( a game u deserved to win) getting a disputed pen at Anfield and finnally losing to Villa........ not the start a team chasing the two biggest trophies in European football want.
I think Jose has been a lucky manager over the past few seasons and now the luck has run out. Going as i do to se most home games we have sat through bore after bore and at £900 a season i think we deserve better football then what we have been playing.
Losing Abramovich would put Chelsea in a far worse position as with the stupidly high wage structure who would beable to come in and fund that? Also Abramovich is not just the owner hes a fan of the club too, but unlike the rest of us he has the power to change things when hes not happy.
As for the new man ..........well time will tell but i think that with him in charge Abramovich will be able to have more imput which might not be a bad thing as far as the club is concerned.
Old September 20th, 2007, 13:10
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default gulp !!!!

25 million compensation !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 20th, 2007, 14:33
Totally biased football fan!

Default Hugo Boss

Tony,

As a non Chelsea supporter i feel you are being a bit harsh on Jose, whilst his decisions at times could have been questioned (we used wonder why Fergie insisted on playing his love child Fletcher and i bet the Scousers are wondering about Raffa at times and Arsene has also lost the plot at times) he has still done you boys proud. I suspect he's pissed off with the people who know less than him about football matters sticking their noses in, even if they own club.Whilst we're owned buy a bunch of greedy, leprechaun looking twats, at least they don't interfere with football matters (so far).

I'll be at OT on sunday for the game. Chelsea will either do it for Jose and play like the best team ever in the world or they will implode and we'll do an Arsenal on them, that's when the Arse lost 6-1 at OT, they were 5-1 down before half time and they were leaving before the 2nd half, i was there, a very funny moment, particulary with Teddy warming up infront of the Arsenal fans and we're sing 'Teddy Teddy what's the score, Teddy what's the score?'

These could be tough times for Chelsea. I dread the time when Fergie packs up as i suspect it will real tough times for us then

I started in life with nothing and i've managed to keep hold of most of it
Old September 20th, 2007, 16:23
talk sport tipster

Default To be honest

I might be a little critical but like i have said, why take off Joe Cole on Wednesday and bring on Ben Hyeem pushing Terry up front????
Also if i was paying someone £5 million a year and they were not getting the results i expected i think i would have done the same thing. Football as im sure you well know is the most cut throat of sports to be involved in and also one of the best paid, but as we have seen many times before and will see many more times in the future your only as good as your last result, and facts are Chelsea have been getting worse for the last 12 months. over a third of all goals scored by us since Mouriniho has been in charge have come from, Drogba and Lampard, with all the money he had at his disposal why didnt we get in top class cover for defending and striking positions.
If you look at his spending it was 70% midfield players who were brought.
Where was the cover at the back last year? (He played Essien who is the best midfielder we have at centre half). We have only just got a right back who shows any sign of knowing how to defend.
We were going stale and quickly and although the new manager might not be up to the job i think change at this time can only be positive for us.