Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Chelsea Babies

Old August 16th, 2015, 11:36
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Talking The Chelsea Babies

Well I wonder what 'Moanio' will be saying to the press when his players lose to Crystal Palace today ..

It's for sure they'll all be crying like babies at the end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thQVZCXGS0.jpg (11.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 11742775_1873687772857442_5900304165336429945_n.jpg (40.3 KB, 0 views)
Old August 16th, 2015, 11:44
Dedicated Punter

They're playing Man City If they win it will be because of his park the bus tactics, if they lose it will be someone else's fault as per norm.
Old August 16th, 2015, 12:19
Derby Winner

Ooops, Oh yes PT, Man City it is.

I was getting carried away thinking who do I want to win most Palace against the 'Arsen' or City against 'Chelksi' ..

Think i'll bet the double
Old August 16th, 2015, 16:51
Derby Winner

What price Chelsea to get relegated .. losing 3 - 0

And it' look like a fall out between Ooooh John Terry and Moanio as well now
Old August 16th, 2015, 23:36
Derby Winner

Talking 3 - 0 and it could have been more

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has revealed his decision to take John Terry off at half-time against Manchester City was a tactical one.

The Chelsea captain made way for Kurt Zouma at the interval with his side trailing 1-0 to Sergio Aguero's goal - but second-half strikes from Vincent Kompany and Fernandinho saw City run out comfortable 3-0 winners at the Etihad.

The result leaves Chelsea with just one point from their opening two games and Mourinho confirmed to Sky Sports that Terry was not injured and he made the change to stifle City’s fast counter attacks.

“It was just a decision,” Mourinho said.

“I know that Zouma is the fastest defender we have in the squad. In that moment Manchester City were going to play counter-attacking. I knew they were going to play long balls to Sergio Aguero. Zouma is a different player to John Terry and Gary Cahill.

"It was proven completely right because Zouma was completely in control."

It was the first time Mourinho had ever substituted Terry in the 177 appearances he has made under him at Chelsea, but he insists his captain retains his full support.

“He is a player who has my total trust, there is no doubt about it,” Mourinho added.

“With me he was never substituted but with other managers he was not even playing. People said his Chelsea career was over.

“If somebody has the free mind and the right to have these kinds of decisions as a manager, I am the one because I am the one who gave him the chance to be what he is; a fantastic player and fantastic captain.

"I left him out because tactically I had to make a change and when you make changes sometimes you are right and sometimes you are wrong. I think I was proven right because we controlled the type of the game and the counter-attack totally.

"John is Chelsea captain for sure and he is a player with my entire confidence for sure."

Mourinho felt his side had the best of the second half and the 3-0 result was "completely fake".

"The best team in the first half won the game. The best team in the second half was Chelsea, for sure," he said.

"It was a difficult first half and we didn't create a lot. If the 1-0 was a doubtful result at minute 70, 75 the 3-0 is completely fake because at 1-0 Chelsea was the better team in the whole second half."

Manuel Pellegrini hit back at claims from rival Mourinho that City's 3-0 win was "completely fake".

Pellegrini said: "I am very satisfied because it is not easy to beat the champions. It was a great performance.

"I think in the first half we deserved at least three or four goals. The second half was more equal and Chelsea played better, but I just remember one chance that Joe (Hart) saved and when we were 3-0 they had another one.

"I think today our team played better and 3-0 is the minimum we deserved."

City have won their opening two games of the season 3-0 and are already five points ahead of Chelsea.

Pellegrini said: "In football, nothing is significant until the end of the season."

Manchester City skipper Kompany, meanwhile, thought his side did everything right against Chelsea.

"There wasn't much difference with how we played against them twice last season," he said. "I guess the difference is that we managed to score and not make the mistakes we did in the previous season and all in all it was a comfortable game mainly because we did everything right.

"We had good performances last year. I think it's wrong to say the whole season was bad, but certainly at the end you go away very disappointed.

"Now, our home form is going to be so important. It's definitely the right signal but there's still so much more to come."

When asked if he was taking goalscoring advice from City striker Aguero, Kompany added: "I'm definitely learning from him, but it's not what I take most pride in as a defender.

"I'm really happy with the two clean sheets, but if I can contribute I'm always happy to do it, especially in front of the fans, but the clean sheet means a lot to me and I will sleep well at night."