Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football Predictions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talksport Vs The Bookies

Old May 31st, 2008, 23:49
numpty

Default Talksport Vs The Bookies

right guys this is the thread for the euro 2008 betting challenge

please no timewasters here please, if you want to spraff on about something else do it in another thread.

this is a serious thread aimed at working together to beat the bookies over the next 3 weeks!

the aim of the challenge is to end euro 2008 in profit from placing one "bet of the day" a day, all bets will be £5 singles, and if we double our bank we can maybe up our stakes to £10 singles, the aim is to make as much profit as possible

what i want from you guys is discussion and you're reasoning as to what u think is the best value "bet of the day"

the way it will work is simple i will put up prices for different kinds of markets for that days football, and you have to give you're best bet in that market and once you have done that you have to pick which you think is the best selection from all those you have said and once everyone has posted we will take the 3 highest selections and all vote on which one to back

the markets will be...............

normal match betting, i.e 1X2, asain handicap, goal markets, halftime/fulltime and specials (corners, bookings, 1st goalscorer, anytime goalscorer etc etc......)

once you have given you're views on the available markets what i would like you to do, is put you're best selection at the bottom of the page in CAPITAL BOLD LETTERS, this lets us all see clearly which you think is the best "bet of the day" also i would like you to place you're NEXT BEST also

just take a look at the way i have done mine and if you can do it similar that would be great

so i will kick us off...........

SAT 7TH JUNE

switzerland vs czech republic

1 x 2........switzerland @ 2.75, draw @ 3.20, czech rep @ 2.62

for me the best bet here is czech rep, they are a solid national team and tend to do quite well in these tourneys, switzerland do have home advantage but i watched them the other night against leicstenstein who are one of the worst football nations in the world, and although they won 3-0 they were very unconvincing, i mean malta beat leichstenstein 7-1 and malta are a part time team czech rep win @ 2.62

asian handicap..........i am really struggling to make a decision here, u can get czech rep draw no bet @ 2.00 or you can get a massive 5.10 on czech rep -1 goal, now as much i think czech rep will win, i dont really want to be giving goals away, especially with it being the first game of the tourny and switzerland being at home, but 5.10 is a massive price imo considering if czech rep win by 1 goal stakes are returned, if they win by 2 or more we are getting a nice payout czech rep DNB @ 2.00 (only because we get our stake back if the game is a draw)

goal market.........over 2.5 goals @ 2.35, under 2.5 goals @ 1.57

for me i am siding with under 2.5 goals, can see the first game of the tourny being a cagey affair with no team wanting to lose, i can see a 1-0 or 2-0 victory for czech rep, if czech dont win i think it will be a 1-1 draw, so for me its unders but at 1.57 there isnt much value, so i wouldnt bet on this unders @ 1.57 if i had to choose

halftime/fulltime........bet for me here is half time draw fulltime czech rep @ 6.00, with it being the opening game like i said i can see it being a tight cagey affair, prob 0-0 at ht with czech geting the win in the 2nd half and at 6.00 could be a goodbet to get us underway with. halftime draw, fulltime czech rep @ 6.00

specials..........these mazrkets have not been priced up yet, they wont get priced up until friday probably so i will edit my post and give my best bet on the specials i.e, corners, bookings, goalscorers etc, etc

SWITZERLAND VS CZECH REP MY BEST BET IS........CZECH REP DNB @ 2.00, MY 2ND CHOICE IS........HT DRAW, FT CZECH @ 6.00

PORTUGAL VS TURKEY

1 X 2......portugal @ 1.75, draw @ 3.50, turkey @ 5.00

best bet for me here is portugal @ 1.75, decent squad of players and ronaldos on fire, i can see portugal topping the group and should be too strong for turkey i feel portugal @ 1.75

asian handicap..........the bet for me is portugal -1 goal @ 2.43, i think they will be too srong for turkey and should win this comfortably, if they only win by 1 stakes are returned portugal -1 goal @ 2.43

goal market.........over 2.5 goals @ 2.25, under 2.5 goals @ 1.61

bet for me here is over 2.5 goals @ 2.25, i watched portugal tonight vs georgia and they could have been 5-0 up at ht if they stepped it up an extra gear, not my 1st choice from this game but if i had to choose i would choose overs over 2.5 goals @ 2.25

halftime/fulltime..........i can see portugal going at turkey from the off and will be wanting nothing less than 3pts, the bet for me is portugal ht, portugal ft @ 2.62

specials.........again thespecials wont be priced up until friday probably, i will edit the post with best specials bet

PORTUGAL VS TURKEY MY BEST BET IS PORTUGAL -1 GOAL @ 2.43, MY NEXT 2ND CHOICE IS PORTUGAL HT, PORTUGAL FT @ 2.62

please add you're selections below, please give reasons behind you're selctions so we have the best chance of picking out the best value bet

please have all selections in by thursday, and we can put the most popular selctions to vote on friday, then we can get the bet on!!
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:38
numpty

Default can i just say

all bets will be placed with bet365

so you can look at prices for the markets there

cheerz
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:54
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Talking ..

Well, i like betting on the goal-line coupon, so this might not help but both Saturdays games i think will be UNDERS these euro tourneys usually start with dour affairs with neither team wanting to lose, so not many goals.

SWITZ v CZEC.....unders(2.0/2.5)... (1.74) laddies

PORTU v TURK.....unders (2.0/2.5).. (1.76) laddies

glk us..........
Old June 1st, 2008, 21:14
talk sport tipster

I will be studying before making my selections......when do they have to be posted?
Old June 1st, 2008, 21:47
numpty

Default tony

if all selections could be up by thursday would be great

that way we have all day friday to vote what we going to be backing on saturday
Old June 1st, 2008, 22:20
talk sport tipster

Ok will have mine sorted by mid week....
Old June 3rd, 2008, 19:41
Dedicated Punter

Right - Both games to me look like potential minefields and I can see little value in either, but here are my thoughts.

SAT 7TH JUNE

switzerland vs czech republic

1 x 2........switzerland @ 2.75, draw @ 3.20, czech rep @ 2.62

I can not see the Swiss winning this game, but in the last euros, one of the first two games was Greece, and they said that about them - and we all know what happend there (I got on them to win the tourney at 50-1 after the first game!!!)

Dispite that Czech Rep @ 2.62 seems fair.

asian handicap..........I've never understood this bet - so can not comment

goal market.........over 2.5 goals @ 2.35, under 2.5 goals @ 1.57

This game SCREAMS UNDERS, but at 1.57 there is just no value in this bet.

halftime/fulltime........ I think this game will be a non event first half and possible a goal in the second - draw fulltime czech rep @ 6.00 gives the especially since 1-0 to the Czech Rep is only 6.5

specials......... Ist goal scored - If the first half is a non event then it might be worth splitting the bet over 61 [email protected], [email protected] and 81-FT at 19.0

SWITZERLAND VS CZECH REP MY BEST BET IS HT DRAW, FT CZECH @ 6.00 but if we go for the split bet at a minimum of 10-1 this seems a good alternative

PORTUGAL VS TURKEY

1 X 2......portugal @ 1.75, draw @ 3.50, turkey @ 5.00

Portugal - No question I think they will be too good for Turkey, only issue will be scoring goals - Portugal are usually slow out of the trap so again see this as a low scoring game.

asian handicap..........see above

goal market.........over 2.5 goals @ 2.25, under 2.5 goals @ 1.61

I'm on the unders here - I can see this being another tight game - but as with the first game at 1.61 its minimal value.

halftime/fulltime..........i can see portugal winning this - but when they are going to score is the tricky one - Its either going to be DRAW/PORTUGAL@ 4.5 or PORTUGAL/PORTUGAL @ 2.62 - A tough call - If I had to - I'd say PORTUGAL/PORTUGAL

specials.........I think Benny would be the first one to post if Ronaldo scores the first goal. Now he is usually not as potent for Portugal as he is for Man U, and he is only 5.5 on being the first goal scorer - but for me, baring in mind I think it will be low scoring the interesting bet for me would be Ronaldo to score the only goal @19.0!

PORTUGAL VS TURKEY MY BEST BET IS HT/FT PORTUGAL/PORTUGAL @ 2.62 but I would also have a minimum bet on Ronaldo and 1-0 at 19's

But I still think its a minefield!!! Lol
Old June 3rd, 2008, 20:00
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default oh i like that Captain

Ronaldo..only goal 1 0 ..@ 19.0 ..value that
Old June 4th, 2008, 18:41
numpty

anyone looking to add a contribution to the "bet of the day"

could u please have it added by friday morning so we can have a vote and what to back

early suggestions are looking like ht draw ft czech rep, or maybe ht portugal ft portugal

come on guys get ur views across,

i will be adding screenys once the bets are placed so people can see they have been placed

and i have thought about it and like i said any profit will go into a stt/mtt but earlier i said it was for anyone who contributed to the challenge

but any memeber of this forum can enter the stt/mtt

i realized that not everyone is a football fan and doesnt care about it, but we are all in the forum together

so the stt/mtt will be open to every member of this forum
Old June 4th, 2008, 19:18
talk sport tipster

Nice one.........i will be posting my thoughts tomorrow...just need a little more of a study as i think there is some value to be had..