Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Motor Racing Anti Bias?

Old September 7th, 2008, 21:19
Dedicated Punter

Default Motor Racing Anti Bias?

Now, I rarely start threads, but...

Is motor racing anti biased against McClaren?

Now I watched the last race where both Ferrari cars went into the pits, the first car pulled out after being refueled and nearly took another car out -

In the same race - the other ferrari ignored the traffic lights system they have, I think broke the leg of one of the wheel changers.

Reaction - They get a slap on the wrists and a small fine.

Today, I watch Lewis Hamilton perform a brave overtaking manouvre and Raikkonen perfectly entitled, makes his car as wide as he can. Hamilton has to take evasive action and cuts the corner - A legal manouvre as long as it does not gain him track position. He is ahead, so slows down, allowing Raikkonen to regain the lead. He slips behind him, and then undertakes him IN THE WET - A brilliant move.

Reaction - He is stripped of an outstanding win.

Another instance - McClaren are alledgely given technoly by a ferrari employee, and did not declare it

Reaction a $100M fine

Renault apparently have knowledge of McClaren Technology -

Reaction - Nothing!

Now yes, I am a brit, and yes, I would like to see Hamilton lift the title, but it seems that everything and anything can and will be put in their way. I guess you can only say that if he STILL wins, then good on him.... but boy are they going to make it difficult.
Old September 8th, 2008, 16:23
talk sport tipster

Default Have to say..

I have thought this for a while now. F1 seem to have a major bais towards Ferrari.

I think obviously no one in the top jobs with F1 want to be the ones to upset the Italian giants.

Yesterdays incident just shows that as Hamilton after clearly going off track and gaining an advantage by doing so then let Massa back through only to overtake him within the rules a little later...

i would say great sportsmanship and of course a much better driver in a more superior car on the day..

Hamilton and his team should be applauded for their actions not demoted to third by the stewards..
Old September 8th, 2008, 17:08
Dedicated Punter

Even Nicki Lauda call it "the worst decision in the history of motor sport" The commentators thought that in the race before Massa would get a minimum 10 sec penalty, he got nothing. They thought that in the latest race Hamilton would not be penalised, 35 seconds. I am sure Ferrari fans think the commentators are bias, what about Lauda