Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

I'm surprised they waste their money

Old September 23rd, 2008, 17:01
Dedicated Punter

Default I'm surprised they waste their money

McLaren lose appeal over Hamilton

To be fair, I could not see the appeal being successful, the race was over, and they made their decision, and a bit like phantom goals, its seems the officials control the outcome of sport more closely than we would like to think - After all who wouldn't agree to a replay of the Watford Reading game.

The amount of money McLaren must have spent on legal fees over the last 12 months must be frightening.

McLaren 0 - Ferrari 2

Lets just hope that Hamilton does not give the stewards any excuse to dock him time, points or places on the grid over the last 4 races.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 17:53
Dedicated Punter

I am surprised that a multi-million sport can continue to be run for the benefit of 1 company and 1 man. I was never its greatest fan but until it changes I will show it the contempt it deserves.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 18:13
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default hmm

Bring back Stirling Moss and Fangio, Clarke ,Steward and the good ol Boys when it said, "rock 'n' roll was on the label, thats what was in the tin" !!!!
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:55
Dedicated Punter

What a joke, they allow an appeal for the drive through penalty awarded against Hamilton. The appeal goes on for 5 and 1/2 hours. The verdict, under Rule 152 the appeal is rejected because appeals against drive through penalties are not pemissible
They didn't even bother to clarify the rule that Hamilton was done on, so now everyone missing out a chicane, to avoid crashing or to gain an advantage, need not bother allowing the other car back through as you are going to get a 25 second penalty in any case. Unless your car is red as it appears they have different rules