00:30
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Another Week, Another Grand Prix, Another Moan...

Old October 12th, 2008, 13:54
Dedicated Punter

Default Another Week, Another Grand Prix, Another Moan...

Well, thankfully I never got up at 05:00 to watch it - Sky plus - what an invention....

Any way - here we go.

Hamilton - As I've said, I like him and I'd like to see hom win, but what an idiot today - a bad start and then flat spots his tyres on the first corner. HE NEVER HIT ANY ONE, but was penalised a drive through for it -

Now I've watched grand prix's for a number of years, and have seen hundreds of starts like this. No one penalised - I remember Brundell taking off in Australia and flipping over - no one was penalised, but hamilton flat spots his tyres and apparently forces a Ferrari off the road, a drive through - Stewards - Well done

Ok move number 2 - Massa T bones hamilton - again a drive through. Fair enough, although it was unfortunate that Hamilton had to wait till the whole field passed before he could get back on track, and the collision apparently damaged his car so that the aerodymanics were not great.

Now to move number 3 and the most mysterious. Massa apparently does not see a Touro Rossa leaving the pits and a collision occurs. To quote the BBC website

'Lap 51: Big mistake by Massa coming into Turn One. It looks like he just doesn't see Sebastian Bourdais's Toro Rosso - they touch and Massa spins. Has that cost him some vital championship points?'

Now I watched it, and the guy coming out of the pits HAS NO WHERE TO GO unless he drives off the track. Obviously it must therefore be his fault. Well done. A 25 second penalty and Massa gains an extra place and a point.

Two other things here....
1. apparently the 25 second penalty can only be given in the last 5 laps of the race, now in this race there are 13 laps left.... now I'm confused.
2. It CANNOT BE APPEALED AGAINST (see earlier post on Hamilton)

Can't wait till next week for how the stewards can ensure a RED WINNER.
Old October 12th, 2008, 14:35
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Great Post Captain

I did hear all the commotion on the radio today, their feeling was that Hamilton should have thought about the whole championship after the
mishap but as i say,"in the commotion", it all sounded like "Ifs", "Buts" and "Maybes" to me !!
Now where was i ? Oh yes,..."In the good ol days ....................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg print_sportique03.jpg (15.0 KB, 1 views)
Old October 12th, 2008, 20:13
talk sport tipster

Default The whole sport...

of F1 is making themselves look silly...its starting to look like a vendetta against "the black guy"

Obviously Ferrari are calling the shots behind the scenes and something must be done before the whole thing really turns into a circus..
Old October 12th, 2008, 22:40
Dedicated Punter

The previous race in Singapore was thought by all teams except one as a great success. The head of Ferrari called it a disgrace and it was like a circus, I dont think he was calling his clowns in the pit lane. As I said last time, we should treat it with the contempt it deserves.
Old October 13th, 2008, 09:45
Dedicated Punter

Default Glad its not only me...

Bourdais, demoted from sixth to 10th, was mystified as to why he had been given a penalty.

"What was I supposed to do?" he asked. "Roll out the red carpet?"

Curtesy of the BBC website....