Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The US Open Golf...Forum selections

Old June 13th, 2008, 08:34
Dedicated Punter

Looks like my golf betting is as good as my game
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:46
talk sport tipster

Default Great viewing and till 3am........

Well i managed to stay awake till the end and have to agree it was well worth it.
Typical US Open course...one minute your up there looking good and within three holes your thinking i wonder what the cuts going to be...

Take one of my selections...JB Holmes going along nicely at level par thriugh 12 then never saw him again, Goosen at level and playing well but shot 5 over on the last few holes....I would be suprised if this was won with an under par score......

Anyone around 3 or 4 over is right in this and i think it might be worth a few small wagers on a couple of players around 4 over par who could shoot 2 or 3 under today to bring them right back into the mix.

I was going to put a post up when Tiger was 4 ahead of Mickelson but im glad i didnt...

I had a tenner on Tiger when he went out to 7/1 after doubling the first...i think yesterday we all saw why hes the greatest golfer ever.....

Anyway only another 71/2 hours and it all starts again.

Good luck with all the selections still in contention and i wonder what we will be saying this time tomorrow........
Old June 13th, 2008, 09:31
lee

I'll post my thoughts a bit later but have had a little each way on hicks at 90-1 i think i still have 3 or 4 bets still in the hunt as for the winning score i think it will be around the 9 or 10 under as they start to get to grips with the course
Old June 13th, 2008, 10:21
Dedicated Punter

9 or 10 Under???????????????

Sorry Bally mate...Id be amazed if Evens was broken personally.....A couple under at the very most. Ive got an even fiver with Tony for Woods v Mickleson....You want an even fiver on the winning score being better than -5, and I'll say worse that -5??? -5 being no bet?

Andres Romero looks worth keeping an eye on - this guy will win a Major sooner rather than later - around 40/1 after Round 1 to win this....could be a good value bet.
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:16
numpty

Default garcia had a shocking opening day

big ernie is looking good

was going to back westwood and donaldo b4 the start but never bothered, wish i had now

streelman had a very good opening round put cant see him being consistant enough to do it over 4 days, he will start of drift off over today and tomorrow which is reflected in the fact he is 130/1 on betdaq

gives me something to watch from 10.00 (once kickball is finished) till 3.00 am
Old June 13th, 2008, 12:39
talk sport tipster

Default Firstly..........................

Bally have you been out all night playing poker and getting drunk....?

Hicks wont be around the leaderboard come midnight today....and as for a 9 under score winning...The USPGA will never let that happen the course played its easiest yesterday and by Sunday i would be suprised if the greens arnt somewhere near 15 on the stint metre which will be like putting down a road...but your right there is some good bets to be had still (one wouldnt be a fiver on the final score with Sharky..)

Im going to have a look in a bit to see if i can spot some value in a couple of players around 4 over..

Yes have to agree with MITN....Els played great and i was going to tip Donald but i think he will fade over the next couple of days when the players start having trouble stopping the balls on the greens...
Old June 13th, 2008, 13:49
numpty

Default round 2 3 balls

backing woods @ 2.20 over mickelson and scott

woods had couple of shocking holes by his standards and still had a decent round, think he will be stronger today

also backing donald @ 2.22 over poulter and casey

donald had a good day yesterday finishing on even par, poulter and casey had poor days ending on +7 and +8

can see both winning the 3 ball match ups, but 1 from 2 will give me small profit

chite you cant do multis on these

hope you guys enjoy todays action
Old June 13th, 2008, 13:51
numpty

Default ernie els

to be top south african player @ 1.73

surly this is just buying money??
Old June 13th, 2008, 13:59
talk sport tipster

Think your right but my only concern is can Els keep playing the way he did yesterday/

ive backed him outright but have laid off today at 14/1....just incase
Old June 13th, 2008, 14:19
Dedicated Punter

Default Brave Bally

Bally has text me to say he is sticking to his guns and our bet as above on the winning score is on - an even fiver on better than -5 for Bally, worse than -5 for TheShark.

Fair play to Bally for having courage in his convictions