17:49
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Masters....Starts Thursday

Old April 7th, 2009, 07:10
talk sport tipster

Default The Masters....Starts Thursday

The first golfing major of the season starts Thursday and is LIVE on the BBC every night with the final round being played on Sunday....

Now this is my fav major and over the last couple of years we have done well with our bets on the big golf events....especially The Masters

2007 we had Zach Johnson at 300/1 when he won his first green jacket and last year we had a couple of big priced e/w winners.....Lets hope we can keep that run going this year.....

I will be taking a look at this years field and posting my selections later and it will be great if any of you golfing nuts post who you think will be worth following.....

As usual i will be starting off backing FIVE players and hopefully a few will be around the top of the leaderboard going into the back nine on Sunday night.....
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:34
Dedicated Punter

Best bet I have seen up to now is to lay Rory McIlroy to make the cut, trading @1.4 on Betfair. This is 5/2 on, potentially a great player but very inexperienced
Old April 7th, 2009, 17:10
talk sport tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part-Timer View Post
Best bet I have seen up to now is to lay Rory McIlroy to make the cut, trading @1.4 on Betfair. This is 5/2 on, potentially a great player but very inexperienced

I was just saying this today.......i would lay him not to make the cut all day.

Hes a player for the future but i doubt very much he will be able to compeate at Augusta this year....

Maybe in three or four years after getting a bit used to the course and the pressure of a major in the USA we will see his true potential....
Old April 7th, 2009, 17:19
Dedicated Punter

Just checked again, he is now 2.34, you could have had nearly £250 - £100 earlier. You can now get £10 - £13.40. Was it you that took it
Old April 7th, 2009, 17:57
talk sport tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part-Timer View Post
Just checked again, he is now 2.34, you could have had nearly £250 - £100 earlier. You can now get £10 - £13.40. Was it you that took it
No unfortunatly not......
Old April 7th, 2009, 18:14
talk sport tipster

Default Heres my...Five for fun...

I dont see much value backing the first 8 or so in the markets even though a bit of 5/2 Tiger could look great value come Sunday....

I would rather take the bigger prices with Tiger in the field then skinnier ones betting without him...

Heres my five that can be backed e/w 6 places with most firms who i think can give us a good run for our money over the Easter Weekend....

ZACH JOHNSON...Around 45/1 i tipped him a couple of years ago when he shocked the golfing world at nearly 400/1......

Over the last few weeks he has been slowly coming back to form and played great when in the last group with Tiger and Sean O'Hair the other Sunday.....Plays the course well and if he can get off to a good start wil be right there come Sunday...

LUKE DONALD...80/1..been on the injured list for most of 2008 but now back playing better then ever and this course could well suit his game.....Also a good bet to be top European this year..

NICK WATNEY...66/1....Now under the Butch Harmon banner he's a sure fire major winner in the making and although this might come a bit early in his career i just cant let this price pass me by and a little e/w bet must be had...

JIM FURYK...66/1 has had a very average 18 months and two years ago would have been one of the favs to win this...Hes a player whos always around come the last day of majors and another who is much too bigger price to not back....

KEVIN SUTHERLAND...300/1....Well theres always a big priced player who shines in a major and i think this could be Sutherland here in Augusta....Local to the area hes been brought up playing these sort of greens and has played well so far this season without reward....
Hopefully he can keep that good form going and maybe we can have another Zach Johnson priced winner......

Im sure as usual it will be four evenings of great golf and hopefully come Monday we have swelled our bank accounts......

Good luck with whoever you back.....
Old April 8th, 2009, 21:56
I am Titty fancier

ross fisher @ 100/1
ian poulter @ 100/1
anthony kim @ 66/1
boo boo weekley @ 150/1

my 4 selections for a bit of added interest,
what odds tiger to fall in the water at amen corner ?
I believe there are 19 players making there debut at the masters,there is a market for top player from them,10/1 ross fisher good value bet in this market.
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:35
talk sport tipster

Yes Taylor think your right....thats a great price for Fisher who i think is one of the players coming througfh the ranks who will go onto greater things....

Old April 9th, 2009, 08:21
Dedicated Punter

I've got Ogilvy @ 21, Garcia @ 42 and Villegas @ 70. Also laid McIlroy @ 1.4 to miss the cut. Trying to lay £250 - £100, only got just over £11 upto now Tony Kevin Sutherland is trading @ 680 on Betfair Had a £5 on him, if he starts okay and makes the cut should be a free bet

Last edited by Part-Timer; April 9th, 2009 at 08:28.
Old April 9th, 2009, 14:12
talk sport tipster

Default Nice one PT.....

I got 675/1 on Sutherland and bigger prices my other selections on the exchanges.....

Watney has birdied the 3rd to go 2 under...........Long way to go yet though.....

If you go on http://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html

you can watch Amen corner live feed......

Ross Fisher leads on 3 under.....

Mcolroy.....9/4 to miss the cut....