15:58
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hatton v Mayweather....your thoughts..

Old December 7th, 2007, 16:35
talk sport tipster

Default Hatton v Mayweather....your thoughts..

Well at around 4am Sunday morning uk time in Las Vegas the fight everyones been talking about will take place.
Hatton v Mayweather has been the talk of the boxing world over the last three months, Mayweather boxings best pound for pound fighter in the world today takes on Britains "little fat man" Ricky Hatton to see who really is the best pound for pound fighter in the world today.
Mayweather the brash sometimes arrogant American has with out doubt mixed in higher class then Hatton and with an undefeated record of 38 victories will start the favourite come the first bell. Hatton by contrast is a very private person away from the ring and spends most of his days with childhood friends prefering to have a few jars in the local pub then being seen on the red carpets around the UK, but is also undefeated in 43 contests so early Sunday morning someones O has to go.
Hattons main stregnth is his come forward style a style that has worked for him since the amatuer days, hes a wicked body puncher and has one of the best left hooks you will ever see in a boxing ring.
Mayweather fights mainly on the back foot and loves fighters to come on to him so he can use his amazingly quick hand speed and his agile footwork.
With Hatton stepping up a weight and Mayweather stepping down it has all the makings of a classic encounter.
Having had the privalige myself to be involved with a couple of past world champions i know that there is nothing like the last 24 hours before a world title fight, the anticipation the buzz and the nervousness will all be comming out and maybe the winner will be the fighter who adapts to this best.
My own opinion of how this fight will go is, Hatton will come out trying to cut the ring off and give Mayweather no time or space to work, and pressure Mayweather into fighting outside his comfort zone, Mayweather on the other hand will try to keep Hatton at bay with his 6" reach advantage popping out the jab and using his fast hand speed to throw Hatton off balance. If Hatton can get inside the jab (and its a big if) then he has a chance but i fear Hatton will expend too much energy early on trying to get inside Mayweather and i think Mayweather will take control by the 5th and stop Hatton between round 6 - 10.
My heart says Ricky can do it but my head says Mayweather by stoppage.

Watch it live and free at...................http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/

Last edited by Tony2005; February 4th, 2008 at 07:06.
Old December 7th, 2007, 18:20
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default hmm

I think it very very close..but goodluck to Hatton
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:05
Dedicated Punter

will be a great fight. hope im wrong, but i think ricky will get cut to pieces
Old December 9th, 2007, 04:57
talk sport tipster

Default Well it hurts me to say

i was right, the fight went exactly as i saw it going but i thought the ref spoilt it by breaking the boxers at every chance and the one point deduction was a joke.
But you could se the end was comming round about the 7th, luckily for me i had Mayweather to win in rounds 6-10 and round 10 was 40/1 on the exchanges so at least i got a few quid but really i would have loved Hatton to do it.

Well done though Ricky you fought with a lot of guts........