19:40
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

"David Moyes for West Ham?" Really ??

Old November 5th, 2017, 18:10
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default "David Moyes for West Ham?" Really ??

David Moyes on link with West Ham United (November 05 2017)

David Moyes has confirmed he is interested in taking over as West Ham manager, with incumbent Slaven Bilic expected to learn his fate on Monday.

Bilic is facing the axe following the 4-1 home defeat by Liverpool on Saturday evening and Press Association Sport understands he is set to meet joint-chairman David Sullivan.

Ahead of those crunch talks Moyes, the former Everton, Manchester United and Sunderland boss, used a television appearance to make it clear he was standing by to take over.

"I'm interested, yes," he told beINSPORTS.

"I've had no contact from West Ham but I've always said I want to go back into club management. If the right opportunity comes around I'd be interested."

The Scot did show some empathy with Bilic, despite effectively touting for his office.

"For me to get back in it means another manager is going to have to lose their job and I wouldn't wish that on anybody," he said.

"He (Bilic) must be hating it and wanting to get a result as soon as he can. So if it becomes available, yes, but at the moment it's not available."

Asked if he might be managing again after the forthcoming international break, he added: "I really don't know. I hope so."
Old November 5th, 2017, 18:24
Ha'Way the Lads

God help them !

Old November 6th, 2017, 07:07
Dedicated Punter

I think it's shocking that Moyes, or any other Manager, talks about a job whilst the current Manager is still there.
Old November 6th, 2017, 10:38
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default So the 'Dildo' Bros do the dirty again

West Ham have sacked Slaven Bilic as manager (November 06th 2017)

David Moyes is a red-hot favourite to become West Ham's new manager after the club sacked Slaven Bilic.

The Premier League club announced the departure of the Croatian, who was appointed in June 2015 on a three-year contract, on Monday after Saturday's 4-1 loss to Liverpool.

"West Ham United can confirm that Slaven Bilic has today left his position with the club," the Hammers said in a statement.

The club hierarchy "believe a change is now necessary in order for the club to move forward positively and in line with their ambition", the statement added.

"The club's search for a new manager to take West Ham United forward is under way and an announcement regarding Bilic's successor is expected to be made over the coming days."

Former Everton, Manchester United and Sunderland boss David Moyes is Sky Bet's 1/20 favourite to replace Bilic.

He was often linked with West Ham during his successful spell in charge at Everton. However, since leaving Goodison park his stock has fallen.

Having replaced the legendary Sir Alex Ferguson, the Scot was always up against it at Manchester United and he failed to last a season. However, he has since also disappointed during jobs at both Real Sociedad and Sunderland, with whom he was relegated from the Premier League last season.

Former Hammers boss Alan Pardew is next in the betting at 8/1

Ex-Chelsea and Bayern Munich boss Carlo Ancelotti and Roberto Mancini, currently in charge of Zenit St Petersburg, follow at 16/1.

Bilic's assistants Nikola Jurcevic, Edin Terzic, Julian Dicks and Miljenko Rak have also left the club with immediate effect.