Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Time

Old March 13th, 2011, 02:35
Oldham’s premier stud(retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1herbie View Post
Bad day on the horses, was going well playing poker at 4pm but wanted to go to the pub so fannied my chips away. Anyway after 8 pints of sam smiths best bitter in two hours its time to regain my 6.30 title.
And two bottles of wine when i got in. Ruff now
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:30
I am Titty fancier

unlucky last night herbie in the 6-30 laddies,very unlucky river card to cause the major damage.Personally would of had put in a small raise after the flop and hammered the turn,you were in good position and i always think its better to take the hand down sooner rather than later when in that position. I do believe on laddies you win when its your turn,so many times it appears that a player cant miss and the cards just keep coming for them. keep trying one day you will regain the crown sooner rather than later i hope, gl
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:47
Oldham’s premier stud(retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormade View Post
unlucky last night herbie in the 6-30 laddies,very unlucky river card to cause the major damage.Personally would of had put in a small raise after the flop and hammered the turn,you were in good position and i always think its better to take the hand down sooner rather than later when in that position. I do believe on laddies you win when its your turn,so many times it appears that a player cant miss and the cards just keep coming for them. keep trying one day you will regain the crown sooner rather than later i hope, gl
Yes, I went back to re check my actions on the flop and turn straight after losing the hand. I think its 50/50 you being right. I had already got my FH and didnt want to scare off a flush draw or a hand with a 7 in. Could have saved myself 15000 if I didnt re raise the turn, but I was sure I was ahead. (I really thought he had a flush)

I am happy with my check call on the flop.

I will be rgaining my crown soon!!