Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tonights 2 day deepstack....

Old February 8th, 2009, 21:17
talk sport tipster

Default The word im looking for....

is....LUCKY

How i managed to get into the money with less then 10k in chips for most of the last 70 mins i will never know....

The poker fairy must be sitting on my shoulder tonight...

Still in but only just.....4 left.
Old February 8th, 2009, 21:27
talk sport tipster

Default Oh well....

out in 4th........but $150 ...so not too bad...
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:37
Oldham’s premier stud(retired)

Tony, watched you a bit last night. Benny is 100% right and you do need to have the “gamble” facility in your game. The number of times you folded to a raise or a re raise ultimately “did for you”. What where you doing when you held back the 610 chips and then folding to the re raise??? It’s all in or fold poker at that stage!! I know it’s hard to put your chips in with a bag of spanners, but you have to try if you want to win games.

The two things you implement immediately though are,
Stop showing hands!! (Let their own mind tell them what you have)
Stop sympathising with other players (why appologise for raising the small stacks BB?)
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:58
talk sport tipster

Default Herbie......

Im just too nice a person for this poker malarky......

To be honest i started out raising and re raising and got a few chips together but then i ran into a few big hands and went down to half my original stack....

For about an hour and a half i think i only had two good hands that i could attack with (pkt Qs and AK suited)....

Then i just had to sit tight and wait for a chance.......unfortunatly it never really came and i was a bit lucky that two players went out quickly enabling me to cash.....

The holding back 610 chips was done in jest really as i only had 35 and the old saying "a chip and a chair" springs to mind....actually i did get back to 10k but pushed all in with pkt 6s only to be rivered ......

Anyway this morning in the sunrise i played a much more aggressive game and was 2nd in chips going to the final table.....

Once again i had a few big hands get turned over and although i played a lot more agressive i finally went out 5th with pkt Kings to pocket nines....

Was going for the win but came up short......

Oh yes i will try not to show any hands when i play.....i thought sometimes that works in my favour for when i decide to bluff...?
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:06

Yes, I saw you get back to about 10k and was disappointed because I knew it would reinforce your reluctance to shove your chips in. But with the 66 you should have shoved all your chips in pre flop.
Why would you want to show a bluff??? I would rather people thought I was a card rack, showing a bluff only increases the odds of being called next time you bluff or worse being out drawn when you have a big hand.
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:11
talk sport tipster

Default yep good point...

And of course you are right....

Yes i need to take a serious look at these plays and put them into my game...

Im sure if i can introduce these to my game it will once again improve..

Always good to get your thoughts m8 and as you know they have improved my game a bundle over the last few months.....

Old February 9th, 2009, 09:16

Don’t be too disheartened!! You are making the cash in many of mtts you play, but you need to turn the 4th and 5th places into 1st and 2nds.
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:21
talk sport tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1herbie View Post
Don’t be too disheartened!! You are making the cash in many of mtts you play, but you need to turn the 4th and 5th places into 1st and 2nds.

I wont be m8.....

No seriously your right.......i should be winning many more Mtts then i do and those points that have been mentioned are the reason why im not......
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:37
I am Titty fancier

I watched a little and you were playing good aggressive poker,think you were chippie , went for a cuppa and chat with the dog, came back and you done loads of chips,shed started moaning and crying about something , he does this alot in my opinion, and used this as an excuse to get aggressive and bully table, only watched for another 10 mins or so, did shed win ? his play to get to chippie, was good aggressive poker and theres things to be learned from his play, When you were chippie , think you should of pushed on and gambled more, theres always risk you crash and burn, but thats poker. think i play next weekend and teach you all how to play poker,the hunger is returning, but when all is said and done, you cashed and made $s and this is half the battle, think you find when you get more aggressive you wont cash as many times, but you make up difference with better results, and poker definitely more fun when you throwing chips around. gl
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:48
talk sport tipster

Default Thanks Taylor...

Yes it started to go a little wrong after about an hour.....got in a big pot with nothing on the board holding AJ i raised b4 the flop....i raised after the flop and again after the turn but with a board of 26489 i couldnt get SHED off his AQ........

Then he started on about the bloke next to him raising him when he was discoed.

Now ive played a lot with this bloke (The Banker) and he has never been anything but a gent......

We all agreed that it didnt show Shed as being discoed so just though he had timed ut playing another table......

He wasnt having any of it even though 5 people agreed with the fact no discoed was shown......

But it doesnt take much for old Sheddy to go off on one......

In the end he lost out to THE BANKER in a heads up.......I didnt stick around for the plesantries after......

You are all right though i will be playing to win more as from today.....