11:59
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sky Poker ? or Online Poker Joker !

Old June 10th, 2010, 21:19
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Sky Poker ? or Online Poker Joker !

As I said in a previous thread , 'Yes' I have been banned for 6 months from the SkyPoker Forum, however on Skypoker 6 months means "a life ban", as others before me have found out !.....

So why ?
Well here's a thread from the forum tonight, just to give you a small sample of whats going on there and in the real world of poker we all know as a player the thing you look for is value for money in the game you want to play....
So just as i'm about to explain whats right and whats wrong with SkyPoker this happens again tonight "Crash"
and in the Sky forum comes ..

"site problems again" !!
posted at 10/6/2010 8:23 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
"why is it every day we seem to have problems on this site im in the 8pm torny and the site has froze what is going on sky"

Re: site problems again
posted at 10/6/2010 8:26 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
"i was in 8:15 deepstack and my table started going crazy
But restarted my table and is ok again atm. Don't no if this was just me or not"
New post
posted at 10/6/2010 8:26 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
"cash table running ok but tourney frozen".
I sense more 'essential maintenance' coming!!!

In Response to site problems again :
" i was in 8:15 deepstack and my table started going crazy But restarted my table and is ok again atm. Don't no if this was just me or not

"oh wait froze again!"

posted at 10/6/2010 8:28 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
"they closed the site this morning this is just silly they will lose more players if this keeps happening"
Last: 10/6/2010 In Response to site problems again:
"why is it every day we seem to have problems on this site im in the 8pm torny and the site has froze what is going on sky"

"Same in the 7.15 deepy sigh"
New post Reply
10/6/2010 "Has there been any official advice on this yet?

posted at 10/6/2010 8:31 PM BST on SkyPoker.com

Last: 10/6/2010 "I don't suppose they do it intentionally. All sites have technical difficulties - be patiant"

posted at 10/6/2010 8:38 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
"what bugs me is this has been going on now for ten mins or so yet nobody knows a if it will be fixed soon or b whats going on its only tournys that are affected so far"

posted at 10/6/2010 8:38 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
"They have gone busto and stolen all our money - write to Mr Cameron and Mr Clegg - its an outrage"

posted at 10/6/2010 8:39 PM BST on SkyPoker.com

Last: 10/6/2010 £200 gtd speed rebuy affected, noones talking other then me on chat either how mean! lol

Last: 10/6/2010 They are using cheap spanners and screwdrivers.

Last: 10/6/2010 lol thats coming i think tax on gambling that will just be the icing on the cake i think lol

Last: 10/6/2010 sky is tournies fixed don`t want register if it.s not ??

Last: 10/6/2010 Seems different to usual - tourneys seem held rather than lucky few stealing blinds
New post Reply
Last: 10/6/2010 at the bubble of a tourny and it's all just stopped. Has anyone been through to CS yet cos im in a 20 man line here waiting lol

Last: 10/6/2010 I dont think ive had 2 cards in about 20 mins now on my BH its getting bad. Im out of my DYM walking into a monstar so i need something to do. SKY tell ur dealer to deal me.

And so it go's on, not only is the software a Joke (still no downloadable 'skin' ) even the lobby MTT games is made up of 'Roulette', 'Speed' or 'Bounty Hunter' all crap shoot games ...

So you start to ask for decent structured games along with STT's that everyone can afford from one pound up to ten pound , you know the sort, all sites do them, 18, 30, 50 runner games .. and the sarcastic comments start from Tony Kendall and a few of his 'click' !
"No one forces you to play here" !! or
"Play the other sites then" ..
What a way to run a Poker site and what a way to carry on ... So because I told some home truths to Sky Bernie (one of the bosses) and Tony Kendall about the way SkyPoker have lost players faster than BP are losing oil in the gulf ....I got banned ...
So if you want a quick fix where the 'rake' is higher than any other poker site on the planet , Skypoker is the place to be ? OR NOT !!!

Bennydip2 ( oh and yes 'mere novice' I wrote this )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alansugar.jpg (6.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by bennythedip2; June 11th, 2010 at 13:40.
Old June 10th, 2010, 21:49
talk sport tipster

Im not a lover of Sky full stop....but unfortunatly when it comes to tv they have you by the balls...

I have never been a lover of their poker site and as u know played very little poker there...

But unfortunatly for you they obviously dont like people rocking the boat so in the end they had no other option but to...

Throw you off...

Old June 10th, 2010, 22:23
Derby Winner

Default Tony yaaaaaaa

You are the top geezer Tony

Your right about rocking the boat, the final straw or maybe a couple was when I said, about the 'double accounting' that was going on there, which also reminds me, I haven't seen my mate scotty77 either since he brought the subject up, he might be banned as well for all I know ??

I mean what site allows it's employees to play on it own site ? You wouldn't get a Ladbrokes or Coral employee allowed to play on the site that they work for ..

I've been to their studio (Skypoker) in Feltham, and what can be seen on the poker monitors there can be instant , so in effect would be possible to see all hands as they are played, the delay to TV viewers can be less than 30secs
Now I wouldn't go so far as to say that the employees at Skypoker would be using the opportunity to take advantage, but it should be Sky's responsibility to ensure no employee has an account on their own site to avoid any little indiscretions shall we say ..

The analyst Tony Kendall has TWO accounts , not just ONE but TWO, what the fck is that all about ??? He shouldn't be even playing .. but then again ..... ? ...... If he owns the forum and also runs the Poker site, I guess in the immortal words of "KGB" the crazy Russian in the film 'Rounders' ...
"In my club, I do what the fck I like" !!

Oh and he's not the only one,
ALL the TV presenters and analysts have accounts to play on the site ??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg b580c583-9fb1-4def-b012-cf82e549c561_Medium.jpg (7.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by bennythedip2; June 10th, 2010 at 22:31.
Old June 13th, 2010, 15:07
Derby Winner

Default Sky Poker .. Now whats happened ??

I think the players are getting in the life boats, Skypoker is sinking faster than BP can get a cap on their oil well in the Gulf ..

Hows this for a lobby with seconds to go at 4 00pm
£50 Guaranteed. Holdem NL £11 ... 1 ...13 Jun 16:00 (1 player in a £11 game , that'll be canceled)
£10K Primo Direct Holdem NL £7 10 ...13 ...Jun 16:00

£200 Super Sunday Holdem NL £5.50 ... 24 ... 13 Jun 16:00

£150 Bounty Hunter Holdem NL £5.75 ...24 ...13 Jun 16:00

Dantb10 D/S Semi Holdem NL £12 ...7 ... 13 Jun 16:00 (this is one of the main events for Sundays) (7runners)

£20 Guaranteed Omaha PL £3.30 ... 1 ... 13 Jun 16:10

£10K Primo Direct Holdem NL £7 ... 0 ...13 Jun 16:15

Will the last person out please turn off the lights
Old July 8th, 2012, 16:09
Dedicated Punter

Ive just dragged this thread up from the archives , because 2 years later , the site is worse than ever . Ive been a member of skypoker right from the early days , and then the technical problems were pretty bad. remember being a fone in guest on the open show , barely got to play a hand begore being blinded out ( due to disconnects) , and being begged by the production staff not to mention , the probs , when they went to the live telephone link .
Now in 2012, every other forum post, every day relates to technical issues , for sure you might not get to see all of them as a browser , because sky like to close these threads quickly , before deleting , and forum banning the members who create them . Sky continue to deny that any problems exist in the main with their software, and even go as far as to say noone else has reported any issues , when the forum posts consistently provide evidence to the contrary. I very rarely play the site these days , and would recommend anyone thinking of giving it a go , to deposit very little and be prepared for the onslaught of tech problems .
Old July 8th, 2012, 21:10
Derby Winner

Default Dobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie2089 View Post
Ive just dragged this thread up from the archives , because 2 years later , the site is worse than ever . Ive been a member of skypoker right from the early days , and then the technical problems were pretty bad. remember being a fone in guest on the open show , barely got to play a hand begore being blinded out ( due to disconnects) , and being begged by the production staff not to mention , the probs , when they went to the live telephone link .
Now in 2012, every other forum post, every day relates to technical issues , for sure you might not get to see all of them as a browser , because sky like to close these threads quickly , before deleting , and forum banning the members who create them . Sky continue to deny that any problems exist in the main with their software, and even go as far as to say noone else has reported any issues , when the forum posts consistently provide evidence to the contrary. I very rarely play the site these days , and would recommend anyone thinking of giving it a go , to deposit very little and be prepared for the onslaught of tech problems .

Hi Dobie, welcome to the forum Yes I don't think any of us here at 'talksportforums' play there anymore.. Most play either on Ladbrokes or Black Belt Poker on the ipoker' skin ~ There's more to it outside what your saying, beyond the technical issues ~
From what i've been hearing (I still have friends at that site) Claire Cook (mother hen) has been asked to leave/resign ? That's a long story, that had something to do with a fall out between her and Lisa Marie Ling 'allegedly ~ What you also should know is it's Tony Kendell who pulls all the strings despite him saying it's 'the bosses' upstairs.
Also the 'Mods' are all hand picked by him (TK) to cover his back and is serendipitously policed so that any thread about the software or him is deleted immediately unless it praise !!

There's a lot more i could say , but there are thoughts that the site (Skypoker) in it's present form wont be around much longer !
However, as he has total control of the site and forum, it will only be a 'Bob Diamond' moment for it to happen soon
And if you wondered where have all the old presenters and analysts gone .. They were either to good or a threat to his position

glk Dobie ex player (bennydip2)
PS, I dare you to ask on that forum,
"whatever happened to 'bennydip2', why did he get banned" ?? See how long it takes for that to get taken off !!

Last edited by bennythedip2; July 8th, 2012 at 21:33.
Old July 9th, 2012, 00:27
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennythedip2 View Post
Hi Dobie, welcome to the forum Yes I don't think any of us here at 'talksportforums' play there anymore.. Most play either on Ladbrokes or Black Belt Poker on the ipoker' skin ~ There's more to it outside what your saying, beyond the technical issues ~
From what i've been hearing (I still have friends at that site) Claire Cook (mother hen) has been asked to leave/resign ? That's a long story, that had something to do with a fall out between her and Lisa Marie Ling 'allegedly ~ What you also should know is it's Tony Kendell who pulls all the strings despite him saying it's 'the bosses' upstairs.
Also the 'Mods' are all hand picked by him (TK) to cover his back and is serendipitously policed so that any thread about the software or him is deleted immediately unless it praise !!

There's a lot more i could say , but there are thoughts that the site (Skypoker) in it's present form wont be around much longer !
However, as he has total control of the site and forum, it will only be a 'Bob Diamond' moment for it to happen soon
And if you wondered where have all the old presenters and analysts gone .. They were either to good or a threat to his position

glk Dobie ex player (bennydip2)
PS, I dare you to ask on that forum,
"whatever happened to 'bennydip2', why did he get banned" ?? See how long it takes for that to get taken off !!
Hi Benny, As for the last bit of your reply , i would love to be able tp post that on " Kendalls" forum, but alas he has decided im too subversive to have my views spotted by anyone who might take notice on there . my last transgression was just to question their motives in having posts about tech stuff closed and deleted so quickly ( before that was removed and i was redcarded ) . And as you say , mr Kendalls influence within the site , is there for anyone too see if you delve below the surface , even if you cant be bothered to do that , its a big surprise to me that a lot of people on the site would be taken in with his faux " champion of the player" nonsense .
Anyway enough rambling from me on the subject of disingenuous people :) , regarding proper poker , i play most of mine now on another ipoker skin although i did recently sign up to blackbelt , yet to play a game on there though. I think we did actually play on the same table at sky about 5 yrs ago , dont expect you to remember , but i would have been the shortstacked fish , who donated you his chips ..... still got an active account on there , but only play the odd tourney just to convince myself , i made the right c hoice playing elsewhere..username hogan2089...thatll no doubt get my account suspended now , after the spies have reported . Anyway might give blackbelt a go next week , so we might meet on the tables . steve
Old July 9th, 2012, 16:52
Derby Winner

Talking > Dobie

Hi Dobie, I wouldn't want you to get banned on there leaving your 'alias' on your last pot ~ Just go back to that post and press the edit button, it will then let you take out the user name ~
No point them seeing it and banning you, however your probably right, they might have already seen it and got your 'number' marked now as a rebel

If you already have an account on BBP, on Tuesday evenings they have a League that runs every 8 weeks ~
This week however on 10/7/12 is the last of this current one !! The next League starts (I think) on Tuesday the 24th >
(Still to be confirmed)

We have a thread on here showing all about it, and to be fair, it's great value at only $5 +50c ~ There's always some funny chat at the tables and the standard is very good ~ Cash payout for the top 10 + bonus belt points + in this case the winner gets fee entry into the Notts Live event on the 10th Aug at Dusk Till Dawn

This current league, our very own "livinginhope2" (Dave) is sitting in second place with just tomorrows game to go !!

Ok, check out that thread and good luck ..
(benny)
Old July 9th, 2012, 17:35
Dedicated Punter

oh im not too worried about my account being suspended on there mate, the amount i play is negligible , and if i want a bet , then i flit between betdaq, betfred , and ppower..skys betting markets are rarely that competitive.
I'll def check out bb's league , and get involved with the next round though , cheers for that :)
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:32
Serious Punter

The only thing I am going to say about that retched site is that if your face does not fit or you ain't afraid to tell it like you see it then you are truly not welcome.

Don't get me wrong there are certain decent people that still play on the site that I like personally and have a lot of time and respect for but the vast majority are a bunch of two faced schmucks who will be friendly with you at first and comes across as decent folk but then you unearth how unpleasant they are and are the type that will truly stab you in the back for their own gain!.

I closed my account a few weeks ago and I could not care less about the place one jot and certainly online wise I have been playing online poker in a couple of different places.