23:42
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

poker Dilemma , what would you have done ?

Old March 6th, 2013, 06:27
Dedicated Punter

Default poker Dilemma , what would you have done ?

So playing a tiny little tourney very late ..make the final table so its heads up ..playing for about 10 mins and hes got about 43000 chips and ive got 14000, blinds are 800 and 1600...and the sites due to close in 15 mins for maintenance.
suddenly he disconnects /loses connection. Now im thinking , tehres a bit of difference between 1st and 2nd prize money , do i just keep raising him up fast , or share the blinds till he reconnects .
What would you have done ? , i should add i dont know the guy , and never played against him before . .

i guess i should say , i opted for the fast raise , and he never reconnected in time
Old March 6th, 2013, 08:52
Ha'Way the Lads

I think I'm courteous enough to give him 60 seconds to sort himself out, then I'm raising his disco'd blinds. I think it'd be rare for anyone to do it in return (unless you know them) but I feel better in myself for giving him a chance instead of doing what maybe considered borderline robbery.

Old March 6th, 2013, 14:32
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredeyes View Post
I think I'm courteous enough to give him 60 seconds to sort himself out, then I'm raising his disco'd blinds. I think it'd be rare for anyone to do it in return (unless you know them) but I feel better in myself for giving him a chance instead of doing what maybe considered borderline robbery.

i think i might have given him 6 seconds
Old March 6th, 2013, 16:10
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2

When i first began online on Ladbrokes, it was generally thought to give the players time, and that's what i did ..
And if i was now playing in a league with players i know, i still do the same ..
However, i've learned over the years, if it's you who disconnects, there's no mercy shown towards you ..
So now when it happens, i just keep raising .. I feel we all know the risks playing online, shit happens so i don't feel guilty anymore

PS .. Well done to make the final table
Old March 6th, 2013, 19:12
Dedicated Punter

Its been a while since I played, but I agree with Benny.... I would raise as its been done to me many times....

However, I have and would again, if the guy reconnects, I raise and fold to a reraise to rebalance the situation if they re-connect (call me stupid, but thats the way I feel it should be played)

It would take a while to blind them away any way, so that way, you have given ample time if required, and still take the moral high ground!
Old March 6th, 2013, 19:27
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Its been a while since I played, but I agree with Benny.... I would raise as its been done to me many times....

However, I have and would again, if the guy reconnects, I raise and fold to a reraise to rebalance the situation if they re-connect (call me stupid, but thats the way I feel it should be played)

It would take a while to blind them away any way, so that way, you have given ample time if required, and still take the moral high ground!
The only gentleman on the site
Old March 6th, 2013, 19:43
talk sport tipster

I always gave them five mins .....

I think that is a fair amount of time.....

I would also type in the chat box that i would fold for 5 mins to give them time...

Mind you i did this a few times and when they came back i bloody lost...
Old March 6th, 2013, 19:50
lee

I tend to wait a while I did this on a final table with 4 of us left the other players were saying play quicker to get the disconnected player out quicker wish I said was wrong so out of principle I slow played every time it came round to me you should of heard the abuse I got I thought it was really funny
Oh and I went on to win it heads up against the guy who was disconnected
Old March 6th, 2013, 19:56
I am Titty fancier

I would wait till the player returned no matter how long,in exceptional circumstances like the player was a mackem,I raise them everytime,infact when confronted with a mackem heads up at poker,its best to go all-in without considering your cards as its a win win situation,you bust them with 2-7 os and you feel content,you lose and you feel like you have given them a chance to better themselves.