Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Does anyone know ?

Old September 1st, 2007, 14:51
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Does anyone know ?

What's going on with the horse "LaddiesPoker2' ? I've given up emailing and phoning them. Early this year i won 2 shares in the beast, and would have played more but in playing those tournament's came the promise of days out at the races. However as most of us know, it all went quiet at the marketing department and know it seems certain the horse wont run this year, and will be sold at the Tattersalls sales in November.
Ladbrokes have actually had two days out at the races for some of the share-holders, on both occasions though they invited only 20 and both times to get there you had to win a tournament of share holders !
The point know is, Ladbrokes have asked players to enter a tournament, with promises of share-holder free rolls, days out at special events organised by the marketing and promotions team, and now it seems the share-holders have brought into a 'white elephant' and Ladbrokes are left with egg on their faces and not being able to full-fill the promises of their promotion
So in case any Ladbrokes Management read this post, how are they going to resolve the situation, they have got themselves backed into a corner, they dont seem to have any idea's on how to compensate the horse share- holders, because for sure if the horse goes to the sales unraced, each share wont be worth the promises made by Ladbrokes. Their silence says it all, they dont know.. bennythedip2
Old September 3rd, 2007, 20:52
lee

hmmmmm was worried this would happen if it don't run and is sold wonder what price shares will be seeing as the horse went lame i'll offer them a tenner maybe get the money back if i take it down the beach to give the kids rides along the waterfront
Old September 3rd, 2007, 20:57
Derby Winner

Default bally

You have a share don't you ? Maybe we should ask them not to worry, we'll take a full cruise package instead !!!!!!! benny
Old September 3rd, 2007, 21:01
lee

hmm i suppose i could settle for the cruise only if they twist my arm mind but it must include lots of this
by the way barry i played in that tournament i told you about in torquay and came 5th wasn't til after i was told 95 of the 118 runners were professionals and it was a european ranking event (gulp) glad they didn't tell me before
Old September 3rd, 2007, 21:07
Derby Winner

Default ohh well played mate

Yes some of these events it's better to not know whose on your table Nice result benny
Old September 6th, 2007, 17:07
Dedicated Punter

Default hope

laddies had the courtesy to tell shareholders that laddies poker is not running at the curragh.just check the entries,and the horse is not entered.....def no run there at the goffs millions...you heard it here first lol
Old September 6th, 2007, 18:35
lee

joe thanks for that what a liberty they have taken with us
no mate they havent said a word to us and to make matters worse they have just set up a tourny for a day at the curragh and told us tourny is tommorow
do they expect us to jump when it suits them grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
now i'm really mad why can't they do one for a weekend meeting there's no way i could get time off with i weeks notice
WHY ARE LADDIES SO INCOMPETENT
and sending share holders to an event the horse was supposed to have a good chance in but isn't running is rubbing salt in the wounds
i hope whoever goes will fight the shareholders corner and give them a piece of all our minds (and a kick up the backside)
lee
Old September 6th, 2007, 18:36
Derby Winner

Default I got an urgent email from Ladbrokes !!!

Post later...busy for a while ..but there doing a share holders freeroll, Friday 7th... top 27 go to the Curragh meeting !! benny