05:19
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

virgin poker festival

Old November 26th, 2007, 16:48
lee

Default virgin poker festival

just got back from this festival and i tell you this i will no longer play in a live event that is online qualifing only what an absolute joke the play was so poor that i get a better game down my local boozer
don't get me wrong it was all done very professionally by the whole of the virgin staff
but some of the calls being made were ridiculous i saw several all ins with 22 33 10J not all short stacked either
i went out after several hours of hitting nothing with good whole cards i was down to about 4k in chips late position blinds 400-800 so pushed all in with 77 all folded to small blind who called big blind folded i thought oh well could be ahead just
then the muppet proceeded to turn over 63os i thought what the hell is he doing
then the flop fell 6 9 3 nowt on turn or river and that was that all over he then said sorry thought you were stealing at this point i got up bit my lip said good luck guys and left the table typical muppet online play paid off again
not bitter honest guys
anyway thats better off my chest
Lee
Old November 27th, 2007, 00:05
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default ouch

So unlucky Lee, problem is ,most players seem to have learned their poker by watching TV or playing on Ladbrokes calling with 6 3
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:57
talk sport tipster

The other problem is a lot of the modern live players have no shame now calling with crap even if it is live. Too many idiots watching Gus Hansen and other chancers on tv and thinking well if it works for them and the commentators are saying what a great players they are why shouldnt i do it and off they go. How many times have we see Hansen and others like him making idiot calls? The only slight difference is these players have large sponserships and are not playing with their own cash where as the idiots from internet poker will eventually run dry.
Just keep plugging on playing your game and im sure it will pay dividends in the long run or..............

JUST SHOOT IT ALL IN WITH POO CLOSE YOUR EYES AND WHEN YOU OPEN THEM HOPE THE DEALER IS PUSHING A LARGE STACK OF CHIPS YOUR WAY..............

Good luck in future events...............
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:58
talk sport tipster

Benny you told me 6-3 os was a monster hand............................LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Old November 27th, 2007, 15:48
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default ha ha Tony

Shushhh, now everyone will know my secret plays ?????????