NE 19 @ NYJ 10
PIT 10 @ CLE 6
PHI 37 @ DAL 41

THREE PERFORMANCES OF THE WEEK

1. Buffalo Bills win at Jacksonville
2. San Francisco 49ers win at Seattle
3. Denver Broncos win over San Diego Chargers

REVIEW

Pretty wild week in the NFL....some big scores and offensive performances put up, some great come from behind wins, and some very close encounters and last gasp efforts.

None more so than in Denver, where the Broncos finally overcame the Chargers with the last play of the game to hand the Bolts their second last gasp loss in as many weeks. The winning play was especially galling...the Broncos making a rare 2 point conversion on a touchdown when the usual extra point kick would have meant overtime. The Broncos Head Coach, Mike Shanahan, must have balls the size of Utah to make this call....he would have been hung drawn and quartered if that conversion hadnt have worked...but it did and the wild horses take control of the division. The 0-2 record looks bad for the Chargers, but the truth is they were about a combined 30 seconds away from being 2-0, though defensively they dont look as dominant as last year.

The Tom Brady-less Patriots won ugly against the Jets, and show they will still be a team to be reckoned with despite losing the NFL's best QB. Matt Cassel did a good enough job, though it is obvious the offense wont be the same. But the defense kept Brett Favre at arms length and with a soft schedule the Pats should still have a decent playoff run. Just the charging Bills to worry about, who enhanced their own credentials with another impressive win over the toothless Jaguars, who are getting banged up too quickly too soon.

In the NFC, a wild game between the Cowboys and Eagles - a shootout between arguably the NFC's two best offenses ended with Marion Barber scoring the decisive TD for the Cowboys, but the Eagles will be heartened by their display and look a good unit. With wins for the Giants (easy over the Rams) and the Redskins (very good win over the Saints) as expected the NFC East will be the toughest division in the NFL and its hard to see 3 teams from here not making the playoffs, with it being very much a case of perm any 3 from 4. The Cowboys remain the top power team in the NFL at the moment, but they have some tough games coming up which will be a test.

Elsewhere, a shock win for the 49ers in Seattle, who are looking a team in desperate trouble, Carolina left it late again to overcome the Bears, whilst Minnesota will need to find a passing game and quick to back up the awesome talents of Peterson, who ran all over the Colts but still couldnt stop his team sliding to 0-2 for the year...the win for the Colts a big relief for them.

MY TOP 5 POWER RANKING TEAMS AFTER WEEK 2

1. Dallas Cowboys - Could turn into one of the best offensive units ever () and must be the team to beat...at the moment.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers - Good tough win in horrible conditions against the Browns, the division looks weak, they are a playoff lock despite a tough schedule.

3. New York Giants - A dominant win over a poor team yes, but the defending World Champs have done nothing wrong so far this season on either side of the ball.

4. New England Patriots - Big week for the Pats that, no let up with Buffalo snapping at their heels but until they lose they cant be ignored.

5. Denver Broncos - The seasons surprise package? Maybe...look potent on offense and a two game lead over the Bolts gives them a huge early advantage.

NOT FAR BEHIND

Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, Philadelphia Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Arizona Cardinals

MIDDLE OF THE PACK - SO FAR SO GOOD

New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Washington Redskins, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears, Atlanta Falcons

MIDDLE OF THE PACK - SO FAR SO HMMMMM

San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, Seattle Seahawks, Houston Texans, Baltimore Ravens

BASEMENT DWELLERS - ITS GONNA BE A LONG ONE

Cincinatti Bengals, Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs, Detroit Lions, St Louis Rams
Old September 19th, 2008, 07:13
Dedicated Punter

Default NFL Week 3

Here are the Week 3 fixtures with the main Sky live games highlighted, along with Laddies win only odds - as always, home team is listed SECOND

18:00 Kansas City Chiefs 21/10 Atlanta Falcons 5/13
18:00 Oakland Raiders 4/1 Buffalo Bills 1/5
18:00 Houston Texans 15/8 Tennessee Titans 5/11
18:00 Cincinnati Bengals 13/2 New York Giants 1/10
18:00 Arizona Cardinals 3/2 Washington Redskins 4/7
18:00 Miami Dolphins 6/1 New England Patriots 1/9
18:00 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11/8 Chicago Bears 8/13
18:00 Carolina Panthers 13/8 Minnesota Vikings 1/2
21:05 St. Louis Rams 4/1 Seattle Seahawks 1/5
21:05 Detroit Lions 15/8 San Francisco 49ers 10/21
21:05 New Orleans Saints 2/1 Denver Broncos 5/12
21:15 Pittsburgh Steelers 13/8 Philadelphia Eagles 1/2
21:15 Jacksonville Jaguars 19/10 Indianapolis Colts 10/23
21:15 Cleveland Browns 23/20 Baltimore Ravens 8/11
01:20 Dallas Cowboys 10/17 Green Bay Packers 29/20

Monday Night Game
01:35 New York Jets 7/2 San Diego Chargers 2/9

Hard to find much value here, as most games look fairly one sided affairs.

It is hard to fault Dallas at the moment (much to my chagrin) who score points for fun. Playing in Wisconsin at Green Bay isnt the easiest of games for them, as the Pack are also unbeaten so far and this game may well be a playoff fixture in January, but it is hard to look past the Cowpats who should prevail in what will be another points fest and shootout

Another intriguing matchup is in Philadelphia, where the rough n ready Steelers come to town to face up to the dirty Birds. Pittsburgh have a very rough looking schedule but so far have negotiated it well to remain unbeaten, whilst Philly have put up two impressive offensive showings and lost nothing in losing a thriller in Dallas. This matchup could be any score, and alot will depend on how "Big" Ben Roethlisberger performs as QB for the Steelers - if he plays at all. He currently has a separated shoulder, but intends to play...this will be a red rag target to the Eagles although their pass rush will need to improve to get to him. But play or not, I expect the Steelers to not have it all their own way, and if McNabb and Westbrook can keep their early season form going, along with WR rookie sensation DeSean Jackson, the Eagles could nick this. However at 1/2 I dont see any value...way too short that even being at home.

Two banged up sides meet in Sky's second live game, where the Jaguars play the Colts in an already crucial AFC South Divisional game. The Jaguars really cant afford to slip to 0-3, but have been decimated by injuries and look a team in some trouble. Still, the Colts have not been anything like impressive so far this season, and have alot of injury concerns themselves. Only a late rally forced them home against the Vikings after being 15-0 down and they will need to pick up soon with the Titans looking strong in this division. As much as I really like a full fit Jags, I have to tip the Colts here to almost put the Jags out of the Divisional race even at this early stage.

My selections this week.

2pts Win Accumulator on :

Tennessee (5/11)
Indianapolis (10/23)
Dallas (10/17)
San Diego (2/9)
Old September 24th, 2008, 22:25
Punter

I have this idea for something a little out-there: make football an Olympic sport.

Can you imagine how crazy of a spectacle it would be to watch the world compete in this event?

Peyton Manning is behind this idea so, it has a good chance of coming to life!

If anyone wants to voice their opinions, there is also a digital petition to be either for or against this idea on weplay.com (I'm writing on their behalf).

The link is youcastcorp.com/weplay/weplaywidget

What do you think?
Old September 24th, 2008, 22:39
Dedicated Punter

Default I think....

That I have an idea thats not so far out there....ban forum trolls!!!!!!!
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:20
Dedicated Punter

Default Week 3 Results & Review

Week 3 Results :

TB 27 @ CHI 24
MIA 38 @ NE 13
OAK 23 @ BUF 24
ARI 17 @ WAS 24
CIN 23 @ NYG 26
CAR 10 @ MIN 20
KC 14 @ ATL 38
HOU 12 @ TEN 31
DET 13 @ SF 31
NO 32 @ DEN 34
STL 13 @ SEA 37
PIT 6 @ PHI 15
CLE 10 @ BAL 28
JAC 23 @ IND 21
DAL 27 @ GB 16
NYJ 29 @ SD 48

As expected, most games went to form....with one HUGE exception. The Miami Dolphins (W1 L15 last season and 0-2 so far this season) went to the New England Patriots (W16 L0 last season and 2-0 so far this season) and totally blew them away. Again, to try and put this into perspective, its like Hull City going to Old Trafford and winning 5-0. How the Patriots will bounce back, if they can bounce back, remains to be seen...for the Dolphins, a massive boost.

The Giants and the Bills struggled to overcome lesser opposition but eventually did so...the Cowboys stamped their authority on the NFC with a comprehensive win over the Packers, whilst the Eagles beat up the Steelers. The Chargers gave a timely reminder of how good they can be, whilst there were fine wins for Washington, Tampa Bay, Atlanta and Minnesota...all keeping them very much in the hunt.

The Power 5 after week 3 look like this :

1. Dallas Cowboys - Seemingly unstoppable at the moment - the NFL's best team right now.

2. New York Giants - They won ugly, but they won, as all good teams do. Putting up a good show as defending world champs so far...harder tests to come though.

3. Tennessee Titans - The best in the AFC? Certainly defensively..but watch out for the week when they will implode. So far so impressive though.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - A dominating win over the Steelers after a very creditable loss against Dallas. How bad is the injury to Westbrook though?

5. Denver Broncos - Any team who scores 30+ points per game will win plenty and be a team to be reckoned with. At some point though their defense will need to step up.

My bet this week looked very good until another last gasp loss tore the slip up....the Colts only needing to prevent the Jags from getting a FG with 50 seconds left on the clock...typically though they didnt..... As expected the other three won...sigh...

Latest Standings :

American Football Conference

AFC East - W L T
Buffalo Bills 3 0 0
New England Patriots 2 1 0
New York Jets 1 2 0
Miami Dolphins 1 2 0

AFC North W L T
Baltimore Ravens 2 0 0
Pittsburgh Steelers 2 1 0
Cincinnati Bengals 0 3 0
Cleveland Browns 0 3 0

AFC South W L T
Tennessee Titans 3 0 0
Jacksonville Jaguars 1 2 0
Indianapolis Colts 1 2 0
Houston Texans 0 2 0

AFC West W L T
Denver Broncos 3 0 0
Oakland Raiders 1 2 0
San Diego Chargers 1 2 0
Kansas City Chiefs 0 3 0

National Football Conference
NFC East W L T
Dallas Cowboys 3 0 0
New York Giants 3 0 0
Washington Redskins 2 1 0
Philadelphia Eagles 2 1 0

NFC North W L T
Green Bay Packers 2 1 0
Minnesota Vikings 1 2 0
Chicago Bears 1 2 0
Detroit Lions 0 3 0

NFC South W L T
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2 1 0
Carolina Panthers 2 1 0
Atlanta Falcons 2 1 0
New Orleans Saints 1 2 0

NFC West W L T
Arizona Cardinals 2 1 0
San Francisco 49ers 2 1 0
Seattle Seahawks 1 2 0
St. Louis Rams 0 3 0
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:19
Dedicated Punter

[QUOTE=TheShark72;15489]Week 3 Results :

1. Dallas Cowboys - Seemingly unstoppable at the moment - the NFL's best team right now.

How long did it take you to write the above statement
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:33
Dedicated Punter

[QUOTE=Part-Timer;15490]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShark72 View Post
Week 3 Results :

How long did it take you to write the above statement
It didnt take me long to write....but I cant stop the bleeding from where I have been biting my own tongue...and the knowledge of the above hurts more than the lacerations!!!!!

Oh...and just for good measure....coming up this Sunday...live on Sky (the 9.15 game)....the Washington Redskins vs the Dallas Cowpats.
Old September 26th, 2008, 07:28
Dedicated Punter

Default Week 4 Preview and Betting Tip

So we move into Week 4, and the league is starting to take shape, with teams already giving an indication of what is top be expected of them, what their obvious strengths and weaknesses are, and which teams are to be ignored at your peril.

Here are the fixtures for this weekend with game winning odds - Sky games highlighted :

Denver Broncos 2/9 Kansas City Chiefs 7/2
Cleveland Browns 17/10 Cincinnati Bengals 1/2
Houston Texans 14/5 Jacksonville Jaguars 5/18
Arizona Cardinals 21/20 New York Jets 4/5
San Francisco 49ers 15/8 New Orleans Saints 4/9
Atlanta Falcons 13/5 Carolina Panthers 5/16
Minnesota Vikings 7/5 Tennessee Titans 5/8
Green Bay Packers 20/21 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20/23
Buffalo Bills 5/18 St. Louis Rams 14/5
San Diego Chargers 2/7 Oakland Raiders 11/4
Washington Redskins 4/1 Dallas Cowboys 2/11
Philadelphia Eagles 4/7 Chicago Bears 3/2

Monday Night Game
Baltimore Ravens 2/1 Pittsburgh Steelers 2/5

Fairly slim pickings from a betting perspective, though after the narrow misses of weeks 1-3 i will be happy with a win by picking a single!!!

The San Diego/Denver double looks safe, though i would be more concerned about Denver slipping up than the Bolts - the Broncos have done nothing wrong so far but havent won easy yet, certainly the last two weeks, and this is probably the first game they are really expected to win and win easy. Kansas though look a team in desperate trouble and just shouldnt (i say shouldnt!) have the firepower to keep up with Denvers explosive offence.

I am very sorely tempted to tip Tennessee to beat the Vikings, especially if their Defense can continue to be as miserly as it has been - if they can close down Adrian Peterson of the Vikes then Minnesota dont have much left, and the Titans can put points on the board themselves...but at the back of my mind is the knowledge that at some point the Titans WILL mess up...they always do...could it be this week? 5/8 is mighty tempting to say No....hmmmm

I would expect the Jaguars to continue their form of last week at home to the Texans and am surprised to see the Browns as big as they are against the Bengals...surely a team cannot go so bad so soon, and although the Tigers put up a decent showing against the Giants last week, before that they were simply horrible. Cleveland +3.5 (10/11) points on the handicap shows that the gap aint that big....a shade under 2/1 off level looks value to me...

So..with trepidation and more than a "pretty please" look skywards...my Week 4 tips are :

2 points win accumulator :

Denver 2/9
San Diego 2/7
Cleveland 17/10
Tennessee 5/8

LATEST SUPERBOWL BETTING

Dallas Cowboys 3/1
Philadelphia Eagles 8/1
San Diego Chargers 8/1
Indianapolis Colts 12/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 12/1
Denver Broncos 14/1
New York Giants 14/1
Tennessee Titans 16/1
Buffalo Bills 16/1
Carolina Panthers 20/1
Green Bay Packers 20/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 20/1
New England Patriots 20/1
Minnesota Vikings 25/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 25/1
Arizona Cardinals 40/1
New Orleans Saints 40/1
Washington Redskins 40/1
Baltimore Ravens 50/1
Seattle Seahawks 50/1
Chicago Bears 66/1
New York Jets 80/1
San Francisco 49ers 80/1
Atlanta Falcons 100/1
Cleveland Browns 100/1
Houston Texans 150/1
Miami Dolphins 150/1
Oakland Raiders 200/1
Cincinnati Bengals 250/1
Detroit Lions 250/1
Kansas City Chiefs 500/1
St Louis Rams 500/1
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:21
Dedicated Punter

Gosh DAMMIT.....

One result let me down again (even got the Jags to win somehow despite missing them off my accie list)....and both my big results came through (Titans and Browns)...but the poxy Broncos, who were unbeaten got stuffed by the Chiefs, who hadnt won a game before yesterday....grrrrrrr...

Still, I had the supreme pleasure of watching my beloved Redskins absolutely batter the Cowboys in their own backyard...the final scoreline really didnt reflect Washington's total superiority over our arch-rivals, god did we look a fine team....couple this with the Eagles loss against the Bears and the Skins are in a great position right now.

With Derby winning away and Forest slipping to the bottom of the Champ, its been one happy sporting weekend!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:41
talk sport tipster

Default Another near miss.....

We were unlucky again this weekend Sharky...the loser looked the banker..

Great to watch the Browns win on Sky...hopefully they can build on this victory..

The Redskins were might impressive and look like a team that can go all the way this season.....unlike Forset who look like a team that can only go one way this season......DOWN...