Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

SKY POKER (Down but not out)

Old August 3rd, 2010, 20:52
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default SKY POKER (Down but not out)

.... Now it makes me wonder, did I hit a raw nerve with the analyst Tony Kendall for him having TWO accounts on that site, as well as others working for the company also having accounts to play poker there... All online poker sites forbid employees to have accounts to gamble on the site they work at ..
Mind you, someone at head office may have realised that at the studios at Feltham that shows live production, could be used as a possible way to collude and didn't want another 'Absolute Poker' scandle on their hands ...As I pointed out before both here and on their forum ..
(before having my forum privilege's removed and now being banned from SkyPoker with my account being closed)
Here's the point..
How can you have live 3D TV showing hands delayed to the viewers admittedly delayed, however being seen in real time by employees of Sky Poker

So whats happening now ?
Well only this week 1st August, Sky Poker announced they will be stopping 3D vision from the studios that they hire for the show at Feltham. and going to 2D vision for TV shows along with cutbacks that will be possibly One or Two shows a week ..
SKY as a company announced £1billion profits, however cutbacks are happening as with many corporate companies..

So why is Sky Poker taking the brunt of the cuts ??
It's not hard to understand, the company can see the risks of a possible rouge employee, along with the fact that the shows ratings have plummeted and customers have had enough of the same old format and repeats of old shows ...

The Future for Sky Poker...
It's been said many times over the last three years that Sky Poker will get a down-loadable site, it now appears that will be coming within the next three months, whether that will be a stand alone independent, or run a skin of the iPoker network hasn't been disclosed to the public as yet..
What ever happens, Sky as a company will be able to sleep at night, and it's TV channel 865 will show recordings of live events with interviews from around the world ..

Me .. Good luck SkyPoker, "Down but not out" !

As Mr Tony Kedall would say ..
Quote", Never forget what Johnny Cash sung. "Lies have to be covered up, the truth can run around naked" !!UnQuote.

Bennythedip2

Last edited by bennythedip2; August 3rd, 2010 at 23:19.
Old August 6th, 2010, 22:57
Derby Winner

Default Sudden Changes at SkyPoker ?

Tony Kendall is now starting to sound like Richard Nixon ...
In a post on SkyPokers forum, he tried to explain why last Sundays TV show was taken off 3D live, in a post entitled.. "That Show"...
He says ..
Quote.. Communication is the key to this. We failed - totally - to communicate the change. There were a number of reasons for this, & there is no finger-pointing at this end. As a Team, we failed to communicate a radical change. That was wrong, wrong, wrong, & whilst it's possible to throw up excuses & caveats, the fact is, we shot ourselves in the foot by failing to communicate. It's not a hanging offence, we've made well over a thousand Shows here, & largely speaking, been OK with communication. We got that single thing wrong though, & that's all there is to it, & we regret that." Unquote...........

What he fails to mention is security within the building they have been renting and why so suddenly without notice, switch to 2D on the night (no notice), and are told by Sky they will have to move from the Feltham(rented studios) to their own studios in Osterley West London

Something has been conveniently left out, something doesn't add up !!

I cant believe someone just forgot to mention it ?
I mean how strange is that ?
All very commendable to just say-- we hold our hands up--we forgot !!! (YOU FORGOT)
REALLY ??
This seems to have happened far too quickly to have been planned the way it's being explained here, then say,
"We forgot" !

(Wheres that smokin gun when you need answers) Oh, now who's that on the phone ?? ... Ah, The Washington Post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E2678c-14.jpg (12.8 KB, 2 views)
Old November 4th, 2010, 23:09
Derby Winner

Default Count Down ....

No, not 'Count Down' to when SkyPoker get their new 'beta' down-load site ..(Tony Kendall has been saying that for over 3 years now)
No, the 'Count Down' I'm talking about is the amount of times Mr Kendall mentions on Sky TV , his forum 'blonde poker' and DTD (Dust Till Dawn) poker club ...
Now how can you blame him for that, not only does he own 'blonde poker', but the site's adverts are all about DTD, and the links to join that site get commission .... So who gets that commission from DTD I couldn't say but 'allegedly' ...It's the man himself ...

So why doesn't he, on SkyPoker give praise to 'The Vic' Edgware Road London ?
Well, he doesn't like 'The Vic' for some reason .. maybe there's no profit in that one, or maybe he's not welcome there

Maybe one day the bosses at SkyPoker will wake up and realise that other sites are re-building images and sending more profits back to the players .. While they (SkyPoker) are losing not only profits, but also the respect of online players with President Nixon in charge of their poker site and forum......
Benny

Looks like Sky-Towers is in for some damp and dirty nights ! What would you say Alan ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg embankment-night.jpg (41.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg alansugar.jpg (6.8 KB, 1 views)
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:43
talk sport tipster

I doubt it will be long before the Sky Poker is off the Sky Sports channel on a Thursday night....

I would be amazed if they are still doing ANY shows on sky this time next year as in my opinion the thrill of seeing yourself on tv is starting to wear thin and being in £'s i dont think suits as well as $'s....

Also i doubt they have enough players to warrent the type of comps people now want...

Old November 28th, 2010, 23:40
Derby Winner

Default Sky Poker Down and Down and Again Down !

It seems there's more trouble for Sky Poker, as if they didn't have enough already ..
There new down loadable site keeps crashing (4 times this last week apparently) and tonight on Sunday, they had to go off air an hour early because of more technical problems ...
Having a quick read into their problems it seems there major Sunday night game had some players screaming for refunds as the tables wouldn't load .. Surprise Surprise !
Oh, and Sir Tony saying,
"No complaints on the forum, please go to customer care"

I feel sorry for the presenters, it must be a nightmare
Still there's always Mr Kendall (would I lie to you)? He'll save the day......or not

Benny ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CowSideCar.jpg (12.0 KB, 0 views)
Old December 28th, 2010, 19:32
Derby Winner

Default OMG !! Sky Poker (Pulling On A Wish Bone) !

The downward spiral just keeps on going .. I just found out that SkyPoker in their satellites have been paying, say 3 seats with small cash left over, BUT the cash has been going to the winner (as advertised in the lobby)
So when someone eventually noticed this and complained, they were told ..can you believe this ???..

Hi Guys, I think this probably is just a glitch, but if you see anything like this can you please report it to customer care so that it can be sorted. !!
Many thanks
SkyMod4

Only to be followed by ... Abuse from the few remaining regulars
Then another Mod appears and says .. (this just gets better) .....

"Hi all,
This was an error in the way the satellites were created yesterday, not a software problem.

I will be personally looking through all yesterday's satellites and making sure those that should have received the money do so.

Regards
Lee

OK maybe their going to sort it out .. But then this appears in the reply to Lee .....

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Will the "Winners" also now be losing what extra cash they thought they had won,
as advertised in the lobby on the payout structure. " ..

And guess what happens next !!

Someone screams out .....
"They did, i won a satellite yesterday and just logged on today to find the money i won has been taken off me.
it did clearly state in the lobby beforehand that 1st place was £13.20 and a seat so why should i have the money taken off me because of THEIR error.

I won the prize that was advertised, surely they cant take it back off me" ???????????

Hardly but they keep trying !!

So, can some one tell me, just what does Mr T K and his customer/care team know about running a poker site ..

All I know is if there's a way to fck up, they find it !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg protest.jpg (21.2 KB, 1 views)