06:13
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Championship Talk ...........

Old August 4th, 2008, 18:45
talk sport tipster

Thumbs up Championship Talk ...........

Im putting this section in for all our members who support teams that play in the championship......So post all your messages, news etc under this thread.

This way we can all follow whats happening to everyones teams and of course share a little banter throughout the season...
Old August 4th, 2008, 18:52
lee

thanks Tony another thread shark boy can spiel he's nonsense about the bums (sorry rams)
Old August 4th, 2008, 20:20
Dedicated Punter

"can spiel he's nonsense"???

Is this the juvenile/illiterate thread? AKA the bonehead Brummie thread?

If there are any Championship team supporters around who can converse in adult talk id be happy to do battle...im pretty confident about my Rams being in the mix for promotion this season, especially if our wonderkid Giles Barnes can get back to full fitness soon.

Bally can keep kissing his picture of Andy Gray on his bedroom wall and reading his Peter & Jane books....i see Derby doing battle with Birmingham, QPR and Charlton for the top two, with Reading and Sheff U making up the play off places.
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:39
Dedicated Punter

Ipswich

Good luck all
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:59
Dedicated Punter

Super Super Burnley burnley.jpg
Old August 5th, 2008, 13:27
talk sport tipster

Default Well..............

Even though im not a supporter of any team in the championship im really looking forward to the start of the season now we have a little banter going...

Back in the late 70s when i was a wee lad i used to have a mate who lived in Nottingham and followed Forest everywhere. I used to go to stay at his a couple of weekends a month and also followed Forest.
Luckily for me it was just before they were promoted to DIV one and for the next six seasons i travelled all around europe following the great Brian Clough team.

Ive been to so many grounds not only in this country but also in europe and was at both European Cup finals (Munich 79 and Madrid 1980).

In the end the last real Forest game i saw was the ill fated Hillsborough semi v Liverpool in 89.......after witnessing that tragic day following Forest lost its appeal for me and except for the odd game at Ipswich and Colchester i havnt followed them.

But the memories of the great teams from 1978 through to the mid 80s will always be with me and some of the great nights they provided will never in my opinion return to The City Ground...

So for this season i will once again follow Forest and hopefully they will do themselves justice in the Championship and of course finish above DERBY....
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:07
Dedicated Punter

Outside Tony......we're having a rumble.

The Red Dogs will do well to finish anywhere above mid table - last season was almost so worthwhile having to endure if it meant I could see my three most hated of teams, Red Dogs, Mangy Foxes and Dirty L**ds in Division 1, but no, those poxy disease ridden Trees managed to clamber out of where they truly belong and taint the Championship with their presence once more.

Fortunately, Derby have owned the Trees over recent seasons, so its of no real concern to me and just means another 4 or 6 points in the Pride Park coffers. But woe be tide any pro Tree comments you make my friend (nearly had to use inverted commas there!) - I cannot be held responsible for my retorts....my words to Bally will seem almost loving in comparison!
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:22
Dedicated Punter

Personally i dont think derby will be in the top 6.

i think you cant look much further than birmingham to be honest.

As a wolves fan i think we have a decent chance of going up this year.... i dont think it will be the strongest championship quality wise so with a decent start i dont think we will be far away.
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:41
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pborowolves View Post
Personally i dont think derby will be in the top 6.
I wonder why....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pborowolves View Post
As a wolves fan...
Ah yeah...there it is.
Old August 6th, 2008, 12:22
talk sport tipster

Default The Red Dogs..................

Well under Megson there was only one way Forset were going and it wasnt up Megson was a very overrated player and maybe more so a manager and i think this point will be proved as i believe he will be the first manager sacked from the premier this coming season. I can see Bolton being one of the 4 or 5 clubs fighting relegation from day one.

Calderwood is a more groomed manager at lower leval and i think thats why Forset managed to gain promotion last season but...im not too sure hes good enough for the championship let alone trying to gain promotion this season.

Forest will do well to finish mid table and maybe will be sucked into a relegation fight if they dont start well.

A few players have left (Commons for one...and on a free?) and im not sure they have brought enough quality to be a force this season.

For Forest supporters i think a mid table finish and a couple of wins over Derby and Leicester will make them feel its been a good season.

Maybe with a cash injection and a few more players season 09/10 could see them pushing for promotion back to the premier but thats if it doesnt all go wrong in the coming ten months.