Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Championship Talk ...........

Old August 6th, 2008, 13:49
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2005 View Post

For Forest supporters i think a mid table finish and a couple of wins over Derby and Leicester will make them feel its been a good season.

They will do well to beat Derby, because Derby are far superior

They will do even better to beat Leicester, because Leicester are not in the same division (they got relegated last year Tony - now in Division 1 with dirty Leeds)

Typical head in the clouds Premiership team supporter....dont give a monkeys about whats going on in the real football world.....

Old August 6th, 2008, 13:56
talk sport tipster

Default Thats where your wrong.....

I have taken the cup comps into consideration....

Im sure they will draw each other in the two cups.....

Seriously thats how much impact Leicester have....didnt evem see them go...

Anyway thats makes our season much easier as we only have to beat Derby twice.......
Old August 6th, 2008, 14:50
Dedicated Punter

Whats all this "we" and "our" business?????

You carry on like this and I may have to pledge allegiance to Manure in the Prem and choose them as my team to follow for the season and bait you non stop!!!!!

Just pick a neutral team...Norwich will do fine, as youre mates with Glenn Roeder...plus they have just signed a Derby old boy for the season, Arturo Lupoli, who is class....
Old August 6th, 2008, 14:58
talk sport tipster

Default Norwich................

No fun there.......and to be honest i much prefer Ipswich...

But of course if were having a championship section then i must roll back the years and follow Forset as they over the last 30 years have been the pride of the East Midlands and hopefully this season will continue to do so...

As for Wolves......by christmas i doubt very much if their two fans (Bally and Pboro) will even be posting on this thread....
Old August 6th, 2008, 15:08
Dedicated Punter

Pride of the East Midlands over the last 30 years....dont make me laugh.

Notts Forest have been an embarrassment of a club since Clough left, and dont forget where Clough came from, and also dont forget which team Clough said his heart always truly belonged with....and its a team who play in white...not red.

Even Stuart Pearce kissed the Derby badge when he turned out for Ted McMinn's benefit game last summer....something that gives Red Dog fans nightmares.

Theres only one team in the East Midlands, there is only one team who have true Premiership potential in the East Midlands, and there is only one team have been in the Prem recently and will be in the Prem again soon from the East Midlands....and that is Burton Albion....i mean Derby County.

Now im gonna ignore you like i ignore every other Red Dog, and thats treating them with a little respect, sub standard human beings that they are....
Old August 6th, 2008, 17:45
lee

keep digging shark breath give it til xmas and i'll get you a treble extension ladder to get out of that crater your digging
and as for Tony forest WERE good once it all went downhill after the mighty wolves beat you in the cup when super Andy Gray scored in 1980
stick to what you know best mate ....

tiddly winks is it
Old August 6th, 2008, 17:53
talk sport tipster

Default Loooooool Lee

I was there mate when Needham collided with Shilton and Andy Gray scored his best ever goal...

I remember standing opposite the tunnel end and my mate said.." dont know we bothered to come to this...we will slaughter them "....

Famous last words.........
Old August 6th, 2008, 18:12
could'nt even tip a waiter

Default jeez

whats this guy on...how can he say that forest have been chit since clough left?

eeerrr exactly what have derby done except prove that they are not fit enough to grace the prem?

as for derby being in the top 6...dont make me laugh..if it was a team for OAP's then they would have a chance.

QPR will not battle for honours even with their cash,they will blow it big style.

ps,im a cov fan,a realistic one,if we finish mid table and above ill be happy.
Old August 6th, 2008, 21:36
Dedicated Punter

Errrr...very easily. What have Forest achieved since Clough left them? A yoyo club for a few seasons followed by relegation to the Championship, followed by two successive seasons in Division 1, the third tier of English football, somewhere they had not been for god knows how long. A team that has averaged a different manager every season for the last 10 seasons. Yeah, thats not "chit" at all.

Derby have been in the Premiership for 6 out of the last 10 seasons - ok we were dross last year, no doubting that, but we got there against all the odds and it was not that long ago we had two successive top 12 finishes in the Prem, during our stay of 5 successive seasons in the top flight.

If you had a clue about the current state of Derby's squad, you would know we have done nothing but get rid of the "OAP'S" you refer to, players like Darren Moore, Kenny Miller, Michael Johnson, Mo Camara, and getting rid of dross like Bucktooth Earnshaw and Craig Fagan, and getting in early to mid 20 something players like Paul Connolly, Paul Green, Ruben Zadkovich, Liam Dickinson and Steve Davies, as well as bringing in established Championship class players like Albrechtsen, Ellington and Hulse. We have also retained the young potential stars we had within our squad - Dean Leacock, Stephen Pearson and of course Giles Barnes. We even took the Red Dogs best player in Kris Commons, as by his own words "Derby match his ambitions - Forest couldnt".

If you wanna slate my team, at least get your facts right before you try...all you have actually done is prove Bally's comments right, about the abject lack of intelligence of people of the Coventry area.....well done
Old August 6th, 2008, 22:03
talk sport tipster

Oh Dear............... i can see this all ending in tears....and a ball hasnt been kicked yet.. :-)

Last edited by Tony2005; August 7th, 2008 at 07:12.