06:34
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Championship Talk ...........

Old August 7th, 2008, 07:18
talk sport tipster

Default Craig Fagan..

Was that the same player who played for Colchester?

I think its a bad move getting rid of Earnshaw who even though not quite good enough for the prem is a good striker at championship level and has proved this with Cardiff and Norwich.

I think Wolves have made a huge mistake getting rid of Eastwood who i also think will score plenty in the championship this season.

As for Chris Commons i find this a strange one as it was only a couple of seasons ago he was being touted as a premiership player. I think that maybe hes trouble of some sort and thats why Forest unloaded.

It will be interesting to see how these players perform this season...
Old August 7th, 2008, 07:44
Dedicated Punter

We got Fagan from Hull, before selling him back to them - dont know where he was before Hull though.

Earnshaw didnt have the right attitude or work ethic - I work with Baggies fans and they told me when we signed him how we will end up regretting it - I agree he will be more effective in the Champ than the Prem, but still feel our attack is better without him now we have Hulse, Ellington and Villa.

Kris Commons was looked at alot by Prem teams when he was with Stoke, but became a bit of a luxury player, same with Forest it seemed - im a bit sceptical about him, and not just cause hes a Forest reject - but hes still only 24 and if his actions back up the words he's been speaking (though thats a classic trait of most footballers, talking a good game only) then he could prove a decent signing.

I dont think anyone will take the Division by storm, and if any team does it will likely to be Birmingham - pound for pound the Championship is by far a better division than the Prem, if for no other reason you can be a win or two off a top 6 spot, whilst being a loss or two away from a relegation place.
Old August 7th, 2008, 10:32
talk sport tipster

Default Im still laughing.....

If anyone has seen todays (Thursday) SUN newspaper (page 11) you will know why.....

ps....sorry Sharky
Old August 7th, 2008, 11:29
Dedicated Punter

I havent seen it....and, if it has a picture of a shark on it, i dont wanna see it either!!!!!!!

Page 11 would suggest its nothing about Derby....but that is usually about where they do a shark story in full glorious colour that usually scares me rigid...

(I am petrified of sharks - a serious morbid fear)
Old August 7th, 2008, 13:16
lee

I believe tony is referring to the gone before xmas managers list and i belive your shrek look a like is 3rd in line behind keegan and pardew lol
Old August 7th, 2008, 13:27
talk sport tipster

Default Looool, The exact wordings is.....

" The fat bloke from Derby "............
Old August 7th, 2008, 13:40
Dedicated Punter

Really????

No chance....id be amazed if Jewell got the sack anytime before the end of the season, unless we start having a similar season in the Champ as we did in the Prem....

ah well...that is preferable to there being a pic of a shark in there anyway...
Old August 7th, 2008, 14:24
talk sport tipster

Default Loooool

Sharky....i think there are at least 20 other managers who are ahead of him in the managers to go betting.

Derby dont out managers that easily and as you have said they would have to have a nightmare start for him to lose his job that early..
Old August 7th, 2008, 16:39
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Wink Jewell gets new faces !!

Paul Jewell's summer rebuild shows no sign of relenting as he brings in two more new faces.

Latvian midfielder Andrejs Pereplotkins and Serbian striker Aleksandar Prijovic are the latest to walk through the doors at Pride Park.

Pereplotkins played over an hour for the Rams during a recent pre-season friendly against FC Utrecht, impressing on the right-hand side of midfield.

He has been capped five times by his country and arrives on a season-long loan deal from Skonto FC.

Prijovic is a Serbian U19 international who was with Italian side Parma last season.

However, he rejected a contract offer from the Serie B outfit in favour of taking up a new challenge in England.

Pereplotkins has been granted international clearance but Prijovic is still waiting for his to go through
------------------------------
Rams look good to me Sharky
Old August 7th, 2008, 21:44
Dedicated Punter

You know it Benny.... great post mate....I knew about the two new guys earlier today but thought id pushed my boys too much already - these coupled with the Polish international we signed recently also means serious strength in depth as well as potential development for the future.

We are a few hundred tickets short of a full Pride Park on Saturday, so just under 34,000 will be there - say what you want about Derby, but none can doubt our support(ers). 11 points last season, and we had the 12th highest average gate in the Prem, and that was only because of our capacity, which will be increased soon.