Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thanks one and all

Old October 1st, 2007, 09:25
Professional Gambler

Default Thanks one and all

Hi all,

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support (both on the forums and personally) throughout the London EPT. It meant a lot to me and I can assure you it was greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be for me at the final table on this occasion. I didn't wake up with any really big hands....the only genuine ones being an A Q and a pair of 8s (out of position....UTG).

I wasn't going to sit there and just blind away, however, as I was only interested in winning the title; so I played aggressively with what little I had. I'm never afraid to be the first to bust out. Initially, I managed to get my raises through unchallenged, but once the blinds rose to a punishing 8/16K with a 2K running ante, the other players started playing back at me.

Once I was back down to about 200K, I knew that I would only be able to try to get a raise through one more time, before my next move would have to be to push all-in. I chose to go with a raise to 40K with a 10 7 Diamonds out of position ( my thinking being that I would get more respect from there and that they would be able to pass reasonably strong hands ). Unfortunately, I was reraised to 110K ( instead of the call that I had hoped for to see a flop ) and had to pass, knowing that I would now have to push in the next round.

I managed to get an opportunity almost immediately when everyone folded to me on the button and I looked down and saw K 7. A poor call from the small blind, however, who was holding K 3, (one that delighted me though, of course!) ultimately sealed my fate, when a 3 hit the flop.

I'd like to thank you all once again. This poker community is a wonderful one and I wish each and every one of you the best of fortune at the tables,

Ian.
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:29
talk sport tipster

Default Thanks Ian

And once again congratulations on a great finish in a very strong field.
Sitting where you did made it vertually impossible to win unless you had a great run of cards as the chippies were all to your left and they played fairly aggressive. I think things could have been a lot diferent if you had been seated to their left.
I was gutted for you when that 3 came on the flop but thats poker and just goes to prove that these things dont only happen on line.
Where is your next tournement? im looking forward to seeing you lift one of these very soon.
Plenty of golf at the weekend so maybe you can post us your selections if your not too busy.

Good luck for the rest of the year............Tony

(ps).. Barry has some nice Talk Sport hats if you need one...
Old October 1st, 2007, 13:48
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default well done Ian

Played like an ol pro dog ...... benny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mcmanus1-2.jpg (62.7 KB, 4 views)