Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorry Taylormade!

Old November 21st, 2009, 22:29
Oldham’s premier stud(retired)

yes, always happy for others advice
Old November 21st, 2009, 22:30

off to bed now though, wine and bad beats making me sleepy.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 08:35
I am Titty fancier

You had just got youself into great position winning a few nice pots and sittng with 85k,
you comfortabley in 2nd position, blinds 350 + 700 + 100 ante,you dealt a-k and a raise 2100 [maybe this was too small and 5k raise be better]get one caller, flop k,5,4, you first to act, I would be thinking lets see where I am and put in a raise [like you did] 7000 raise is good,he calls[I would be thinking whats he got,but more importantly what his chip stack is !!!!! turn card is 8, opponent has about 50k left and can cause you serious damage,maybe he has trip 4s or 5s or even 6,7 suited.this is where I think you make error,I would of checked , possibly raised another 7k,you bet 21k and commit yourself to calling an all-in, which after using his time clock he does go-allin for another 29k,the pot was about 85k and its hard to get away from with top pair,think you should of folded here and saved yourselg 29k[I couldnt fold here either and would of called like you did] and he shows the magic k-4,river no good to you and he takes down 115k pot,
Think you have a few options before this hand, play premium hands and raise big before flop,see cheap flops and hope to hit big hands,fold everything and move up the cash ladder, you still had about 15k left and did good to get back in game and upto 50k,but then laddies took the pisshh and your a-q lost to K-4, Think you have to bet big before the flop , when final table has 3 monkeys on it,if they hit anything including hope they will call to hit there cards, think you finished 9th and could and probably should of finished much higher,but Im no poker guru,and often play like a monkey,cos I find it more fun,but in the long run,us monkeys always lose to the poker gorrillas.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 08:51

Good points Talormade, My view on the 21k bet was that I was going to make him pay to suck out on me, as I thought I was in front. I thought he had a K J or K Q type of hand so I was very happy to put all the chips in. If I had checked I am sure I would have faced an all in bet (which I would have called) and a smaller bet would have got a reraise or maybe an all in. I am not un happy with the way I played the pot and hope the monkey keeps calling with K 4.

You are right I could have sat back on the final table and seen cheap flops in the hope of getting a big hand, however this type of play tends to leave you short stacked when the table gets down to 4 or 5 left. and its very difficult to make the big money then (1st or 2nd). I think again I was the aggressor and got my money in very good. Win that pot and I would have gone on to win!!
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:02
I am Titty fancier

I would show you how to win this event ,but the 6-30 pm kick off during the week normally interferes with my boozing time, gl

but I will endeavour to play it again soon.

you cant get your chips in good if you are behind and have few outs,most of chips went in with monkey man having two pair and you one pair. if you want to play aggressive you have to raise big before flop, when you are infront and monkeyman is searching for nuts. gla