Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football Predictions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

What is Gerrard On ?

Old June 23rd, 2014, 14:48
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default What is Gerrard On ?

Gerrard is now babbling like a four year old ..What a fcking cry baby ..

Gerrard accepts the team will always be subject to criticism, but he admits the comments of Scholes and other ex-professionals do have an impact.

"In this position as captain you have to accept there are opinions out there," he said.

"I am not sitting here telling everyone they have to stop. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

"But sometimes it is frustrating when you are sat here and there is someone who you have played with and they have been in your position, they have suffered with you and they know what it's like to be down and they pile a bit more misery on you."

Benny says .. Why doesn't he just shut his mouth..It was him who let the team and supporters down and now he's babbling because he can't handle the criticism..
Face it Gerrard you and not Hodgeson fcked up.. Just crawl into a hole and retire
Old June 23rd, 2014, 15:11
Dedicated Punter

Sorry mate I strongly disagree with you. If we had 11 players with Gerrards attitude and skill during the last 3 world cups we might have got close to winning something. As for Scholes, he was a disgrace in an English shirt. His attitude and lack of effort in the England v Greece game, when Beckham scored that free kick, is the worst performance I have ever seen by an England player. He's not fit to tie Gerrards boot laces, let alone criticise him.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 15:32
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part-Timer View Post
Sorry mate I strongly disagree with you. If we had 11 players with Gerrards attitude and skill during the last 3 world cups we might have got close to winning something. As for Scholes, he was a disgrace in an English shirt. His attitude and lack of effort in the England v Greece game, when Beckham scored that free kick, is the worst performance I have ever seen by an England player. He's not fit to tie Gerrards boot laces, let alone criticise him.
Not saying he 'Wasn't good' ... But he was the one who lost the league for Liverpool this year to let Chelsea in . and now it was him who cost England their chance in Brazil .. He should just go quietly and stop having a go at others .. He's finished now ..
Old June 23rd, 2014, 17:09
Dedicated Punter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennythedip2 View Post
Not saying he 'Wasn't good' ... But he was the one who lost the league for Liverpool this year to let Chelsea in . and now it was him who cost England their chance in Brazil .. He should just go quietly and stop having a go at others .. He's finished now ..
F*** me the guy slipped and because of that they lost the league and it was all his fault. Not the fact that their goalie made numerous howlers and centre forwards missed sitters and defenders made mistakes in other games, Gerrard slips and that cost them the league!!!!!!!!!

Uruguays second goal came because he challenged for the ball and it came off his head. Suarez took a chance the 2 centre halfs stood like planks and Suarez scored. To blame Gerrard for not being in the world cup knock out stages is very harsh, even for Liverpool haters. I think Hodgson sticking with Rooney and Wellbeck is more the reason we are coming home rather than a mistake by one player trying to challenge for a ball.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 17:45
talk sport tipster

To be honest Gerrard has been a great player for Liverpool over the years just as Scholes was for United but...

I struggle to remember one of the 100 odd game that Gerard played for England.....

He is NOT a holding midfield player and for me he was played in the wrong position in the first two group matches

Did we really need TWO holding midfield players?

We could all see that we are lacking an out and out goalscorer...

Its no good watching Sturridge / Welbeck and Stirling doing fancy party tricks out wide because they are never going to score from there.

The ONLY time we got someone attacking the six yard area was when Rooney scored.

Back to Gerrard..

He was at fault more for the first goal when he put in a half hearted tackle on the half way line which led to them playing it out wide for the cross.

You cant blame Gerrard alone

The blame lies with Hodgson and his back room staff who picked a squad with NO PLAN B

No Carrol...No Defoe and No Crouch......anyone of them is a better striker then Lambert.

I would get rid of Hodgson and that back room staff NOW before he can do more damage..

Gerrard might try to hang on for a few more matches but wont be around for the Euros in 2016.

We all know he wont play tomorrow night but Lampard will in what will be his international testimonial.