Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

ALAN BRAZIL is a DISGRACE !!

Old August 13th, 2014, 15:25
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default ALAN BRAZIL is a DISGRACE !!

Presenter sparks huge backlash after ‘disgraceful’ Robin Williams jibe

Outspoken broadcaster Alan Brazil has sparked a huge backlash after making insensitive comments about suicide following the death of comedian and actor Robin Williams.

Brazil is presenter of Talksport's flagship Breakfast Show but is now facing calls to be sacked after he reacted to the death of the Hollywood star by declaring that he had little sympathy for the late actor.

Williams, who was found hanged at his home on Monday, was a much cherished actor and comic with Brazil immediately slammed for his insensitive response.

Speaking on his Breakfast Show, Brazil said he thought pop singer Robbie Williams had died instead when his wife informed him of the actor's passing and went on to express his relief.

"And then when she said, ‘Robin’, I thought, ‘Oh, OK’. It didn’t hit me hard like it would if it had been Robbie. Thank God it wasn’t."

Co-presenter Brian Moore attempted to say that suicide was never “an easy matter”, but Brazil went on to say, "I believe he’s got a daughter as well – what’s she feeling like this morning?

"Now she’s got to sort the arrangements out. I think it’s just shocking, I really do. I don’t have a lot of sympathy, I’m sorry.

"What you leave behind is diabolical. I’m really annoyed about that."

The backlash was swift and fierce from the general public on social media, in particular.

Collymore has long battled depression and previously considered suicide. He began by retweeting other users' angry responses to Brazil's comments which branded the presenter "shameful" and "out of order".

Brazil followed that by hitting back with a sarcastic reply to Collymore, posting: "Well done @StanCollymore for retweeting comments about me. I stand by what I said today.

"The sympathy I do have is for RW’s family & friends. @StanCollymore has his opinion and I’m entitled to mine."

Collymore, who has famously discussed depression on his Talksport show Kick Off, hit back at Brazil by saying, "You’re not a doctor @alanbrazil so your opinion on mental health issues counts for nothing to be fair.

"On Kick Off @alanbrazil we’ve had mental health experts, survivors, people who struggle daily, Ralf Ragnick and more. Try listening.

The Talksport presenter went on to engage in a furious Twitter feud with colleague and fellow former footballer Stan Collymore on Twitter as a result of accusing Williams of selfishness.

"An opinion on a factual illness isn’t an opinion. It’s called ignorance.

"Well done @brianmoore666 for speaking with erudition today on @talkSPORT, with sensitivity, respect and empathy. Not blind ignorance."

A barrage of angry responses from listeners to Brazil's comments and subsequent tweets forced the radio station to issue a statement distancing itself from the presenter's views.

“Talksport would like to apologise for any offence caused. Alan’s comments do not reflect the views of the station," the statement read.

Brazil was accused in May of making sexist remarks about female sports journalists. This latest controversy is likely to make his position as head presenter on Talksport's top morning show even more fragile.

Bennys view .
.I have never liked Alan Brazil as a presenter on that radio station . He's always been a 'degenerate' , 'self opinionated' ****' ..
Maybe now the radio station will open their eyes , and see that the 'Scumbag Bazil' has NO place in public broadcasting and asked to leave as soon as possible ...
Well done to Stan Collymore for standing up to such an ignoramus that Alan Brazil is ..

RIP Robin Williams .. ..For me an great actor who will be sadly missed . http://youtu.be/vdXhWS7lLvs . O'Captain my Captain ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thBST6IF23.jpg (6.7 KB, 0 views)
Old August 13th, 2014, 15:51
talk sport tipster

I dont think Stan Colymore should be piping up.....

Hes lucky he still has any work in the media after bashing up Ulrika Johnson....

Oh and not forgetting one of our favorite pastimes.....Dogging....

It is now staring to come to light that Williams was broke and i think that might have also had something to do with this very sad incident....