Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

VAR in Football

Old January 28th, 2018, 23:54
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default VAR in Football

What is VAR in football and what will be the future of the game?

(VAR) Video Assistant Referees

(Video officials will watch the games from the headquarters of Premier League Productions in west London, while the on-field referee will have a screen at the side of the pitch to review certain incidents.)

Well 'Benny's view is - "Some will see it as a forward move to getting the right end decision for fouls or possible penalties, but my view is it's all about money for the sponsoring TV networks."
"Football is already a billion-dollar business and the way it's going you have to ask, 'where or when will it all end'? And there is the point"

"This VAR is clearly the way forward for the 'sponsors' but not for the supporters as was proved in recent games (Liverpool) where the supporters on the terraces had no idea of what was happening while decisions were being made."

So what will the future be then?

My view - "This will go down the same route as in Americas NFL (American football) probably with four linesmen and two referees and while the stoppage decisions are being made, the TV channels will go to a 'break' for adverts for more revenue going to the sponsors"

"With the World Cup coming up this year in Russia and the VAR going to be used, I think we'll see the game as it will be in the future and for me, this will be the end of the beautiful game we all used to know, sad but I think this whole new concept is all about money-money-money"

"So if you're going to watch any game in the future once the VAR is installed permanently, make sure you get your 'popcorn and burgers' and get ready for the 'cheer-leader girls' shaking their pom-poms and dancing on the touchline."

Good luck football, see you in 'Back To The Future' maybe?

"Doc take me back to how it was before"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg index.jpg (10.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg (8.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by bennythedip2; January 29th, 2018 at 13:02.
Old February 28th, 2018, 21:41
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Another VAR farce at Wembley

Tottenham overcame Rochdale 6-1 to reach the FA Cup quarter-finals but video technology reduced the fifth-round replay at Wembley to a farce.

Do the FA really think that supporters are going to carry on travelling to football matches with this VAR farce?

NO, we'll soon see the gates falling and the game that we once knew will be lost forever