Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tips

Old March 12th, 2008, 00:18
Punter

Send a message via MSN to pokerkaz Send a message via Skype™ to pokerkaz
Default Tips

Hiya everyone just a quick question, Ive been playing poker from scratch now for 4 years and feel its not enjoyable anymore, playing for sake of playing and disappointed with the lack of results.

Do any of you find that your motivation goes over time and if you have been at the point where I am now what would your suggestions be to get me out my "rut" ?
Old March 12th, 2008, 00:28
talk sport tipster

Default Hi Kaz

I was thinking the very same thing a couple of weeks ago. I used to play most nights but was finding i was getting bored and just playing silly hands then i found i was watching more tv in the evenings and bar for the WSOP and the forum games wasnt playing at all.

Then yesterday i was at home in the daytime and played 2 tournies firstly the $6 turbo with 80 runners which i enjoyed and finished second and then the $400 gtd 130 runners in which i finished 4th.

Now maybe the break from the monotony of playing every night did me good but im not saying that suits everyone but it did me.

I think a good person to give you a better idea would be BENNYTHEDIP2 who im sure when he is online tomorrow will answer this thread and hopefully help you get your enthusiasum for the game back to where it should be..

Good luck anyway and im sure you will be back winning those tournies very soon....
Old March 12th, 2008, 00:34
Punter

thanks for the reply tony I actually had 2 ok results this morning 1st and 3rd in small tourneys, its all just become so stale (think thats right word).

Just cant seem to get out of this rut, 2 early morning tourneys and then I lose all motivation to play anything else. Benny will have a word or 2 for me im sure lol
Old March 12th, 2008, 00:41
talk sport tipster

Do you think you are playing too much poker? Maybe just targeting 2 or 3 a day would give you the little break you might need and also take away the boredom of sitting in front of a Pc screen for hours on end.
When i get bored or tired i start to play erratic and then that doesnt help as i start to lose and get fed up with the whole thing.
Old March 12th, 2008, 00:42
Punter

Wish I could put my finger on it mate but like I said I am basically playing 2 tourneys in the morning then i lose all interest even if I win, very strange lol
Old March 12th, 2008, 00:46
talk sport tipster

im looking forward to see what Benny has to say on this......it could help me out too.
Old March 12th, 2008, 06:06
Punter

pmsl after writing this I got 1st in graveyard, then 6th and 9th in 2 others, maybe sharing my worries helped. Still need someone elses point of view tho sensible responses please :)
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:55
Dedicated Punter

oioi muffy , i think your like a lot of other players me included. up to 18 mths ago it was easy to play 60hrs a week against the vast majority of people who joined the poker revolution and win decent money.
now all them 1,000s have also learnt to play decent poker , so we now seem to play tighter and pray for no outdraw.
i now play a lot less as im not enjoying it as i was 2 yrs ago, i seem to go on auto pilot and wait to get muffed, i for 1 am now very stale a fed up with online poker but it was a great crack for 2 or 3 yrs ,and am now pursuing a new carreer in talking bllx on forums.
be lucky hun and hope you get your appetite back
Old March 12th, 2008, 15:47
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Wink Kaz

Ive just got home and seen this post 4 45 and Tonys been on the phone, his computer's crashed. Give me 15 mins to sort things this end, and i'll sort you out after !! ??(did that come over the way i meant it ? )
Old March 12th, 2008, 18:09
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Kaz

I haven't forgot you xxx ..Busy at the moment (racing phew) I'll Post reply later xx