15:07
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Poker > Poker
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bally and Sharky...........

Old September 22nd, 2008, 18:31
talk sport tipster

Default Bally and Sharky...........

Well i was looking forward to a report from the weekend game...

But so far nothing ... did it all end in..
Old September 22nd, 2008, 21:28
Dedicated Punter

Lol....no...guess other events have overtaken it...

I ended up playing the Heads Up knockout tournament in the afternoon to make up the numbers - it was a double elimination format and after both Bally and I won our first two games, the draw gave everyone the matchup wanted...The Shark v Bally (aka The Enigma)

With starting stack of 3k, it meant plenty of scope for some poker to be played at 10 minute levels...not long was needed though for the Shark to tear into Bally, who seemingly had no answer to the Sharks moves, who was getting stronger as the tourney went on and felt confident about his reads of Bally. By the time the final hand came The Shark held a 4900 v 1100 chip lead over Bally - The Shark raised from the SB to which Bally flat called....the flop was AJ7, to which both checked...the turn was another rag, and this time Bally pushed all in, and knew his fate when the Shark insta-called and flipped top 2 pair AJ....Bally had slow played KK and must have regretted it, though both knew that the chips were going in on that hand - but even if Bally had won it he still would have a mountain to climb with the Shark in imperious form.

The river was a blank and (once again) The Shark prevailed over Bally.

I went on to win the Heads Up knockout tournament - Bally was eliminated a game or two later in the second chance bracket.

The main event again saw Bally and Shark drawn on the same table...just under 40 players started each with a starting stack of 6k, 30 minute levels and 50/100 starting blinds. Bally got short stacked quite early on, twice passing on re raises to the Shark...but fought back well when he was able to double through against a very loose aggressive player just before the break.

Both players dominated proceedings from then on and both made the final table...and then made the last 5 and the cash places....it is at this point that out of respect for Bally I will stop the story and allow him to pick it up if he wants to....suffice to say I ended up 4th, when my push with ATs was called by (someone) holding 34 offsuit pre flop. This particular player just held a few more chips than I did, and with blinds at 4000/8000 with 400 antes my push from the button with just over a 50k stack (i had just taken a beat when my QQ was rivered by an AQ by the low stack) i was surprised for the SB to call for basically his whole stack....horrified by that player showing 34....and then really quite gutted to see a 3 flop and hold up.

Bally ended up 2nd....and as said, if he wants to fill in the blanks it is his prerogative....!!!

Was a great day, a successful one and im well happy with my play currently...bring on Star City!
Old September 22nd, 2008, 21:45
talk sport tipster

Default Loooooooooool

Great stuff Sharky, an excellent read m8 and good to see you and Bally locking horns in the heads up...

As for the final table...........

Good to see you both got in the money and im thinking that Bally came runner up to the muppet who called you with 34....

Cant wait for Ballys spin on the days events............
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:34
Dedicated Punter

Looks like Bally is waiving his right to comment.....