03:22
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > General Sport Discussion > Talk Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hatton v The Pac man

Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:45
talk sport tipster

Default Hatton v The Pac man

Tonight around 3am on Sky pay per view or bbc radio 5 live.

Hatton one of the most popular fighters to ever come out of England takes on Manny Paquiao thought of in boxing circles as the best pound for pound fighter in the world today....

Hatton only beaten once against Floyd Mayweather 17 months ago is confident of victory in a fight made at the weight he has boxed at most of his career.

Is Hatton really that good when stepped up into the very highest class ?

My opinion is that hes not quite good enough to handle the very best and although he beat a legend in Kosta Tsyu i believe Tsyu's best days were well behind him and the Hatton camp got their timing right in taking on the champ when they did.

A lot of Hattons opponents over the last three or four years havnt really been the top guys and when he did step up to fight Mayweather it was very one sided until the finish in round 10......

The Paqman has mixed in the real top class and last time out beat Oscar Dela Hoya in a fight where the experts said Paqman would be too small to deal with the bigger man.......Paquiao stopped Dela Hoya late on after a very one sided affair.

How do i see this fight going....?

Although Hatton will be the bigger man come fight time i dont see this being the big advantage many people think.

Hatton will try to work the body as both defeats suffered by Paquiao have come by body punches forcing stoppages but i dont see Hatton being quick enough and the work rate of The Pqcman will be the dividing factor in this.

Hatton will be dangerous for the first four or five rounds but i can see Pacman dealing with this and taking over the fight by half way to either win by a unanimus points decision or even a late stopage somewhere between rounds 10 to 12......

But whatever the result it looks like being another great night of boxing and im sure some twist and turns along the way........
Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:28
lee

Tony i think we agree totally again on this fight (thats twice i believe)
for sure i think hatton has got the power to beat the pac man if he comes out firing on all cylinders my thoughts are if he can start fast and furious and damage the pac man's ribs with body shots in the 1st few rounds he has a great chance of beating him but if it gets to about 5th or 6th round this is where i believe the pac man will come into his own and if hatton hasn't done the damage by then the pac man will start to take him apart
if i was going to have a bet on this i woulkd bet hatton to win in under 5 rounds and also pac man to win in maybe 7th or 8th round
but as you say Tony it should be a cracking fight
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:28
talk sport tipster

Yes Lee once again we agree not only on the way the fight will go but also that it will be a good un..

I dont usually pay for sky box office but with a decent card from Sunderland on earlier tonight i might make an exception......

The Sunderland card has the return grudge match between Danny Williams and John Mcdermott .....the first was won by Williams on points in a fight that looked to most that Williams was well beaten.

I will post some links for the pc to watch all the action at around 10pm tonight....
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:34
lee

i may be watching it in the pub so could be a messy night
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:00
Dedicated Punter

im gonna take hatton to win this fight tonight, i think if hatton can start off strong he should be able to wear the pacman down for a round eight win. should be a great fight either way, im going to pay to watch this one i just hope i dont fall asleep before it starts.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:46
talk sport tipster

Haha.....thats what usually happens to me Living.....around 2am i think just nod off for a few mins and normally wake up about 8am with the tv still on.....

What i tend to do now is set my alarm for 3.20am so if i fall asleep it will wake me up just before the fight starts.......

Yep its a pick'em and although i would love to see Ricky win i just think the Pacman will be too quick and will wear Hatton down maybe late on....
Old May 3rd, 2009, 08:49
talk sport tipster

Default Well.........

No one really saw that coming (including Hatton).......

Experts were split on who was going to win the fight...The brits on the whole were saying Hatton and the Americans Pacquio...

Reports coming out of the Hatton camp near fight time was that their trainer Floyd Mayweather would be sacked after this fight were not the thought of thing fans want to hear so close to the first bell......

Hatton took the decision to enter the ring first and looked pumped up as he waited for the Pacmans enterance....

Paquiao looked calm even smiling as he made his way to the ring and looked in great shape.

From the start i was obvious Hatton hadnt changed a thing after the loss to Mayweather.....he charged in with no head movement and was being picked off at will by a fighter many classes above Hattons..

The first right hand that landed sent Hatton to the canvass for an 8 count and even when he got up he didnt look like he would see the first three minutes out and when he went down again his saving grace was there was only a few seconds left till the bell.

Back in his corner he still looked shaken and there was nothing coming from his cornerman who seemed more interested in squirting water over him.....

Back out for the second and Hatton had his first and only bit of success when he caught the Pacman with a good left hook but it didnt have the affect needed to stop the little man coming forward and with less then a minute of the round remaining Hatton charged in once again and Pacquiao ducked under Hattons lead to explode a cracking left hook to his jaw and he was out before he hit the deck.....The arena went silent and all you could hear was the trumpet cases opening as the Hatton band packed their instruments away......

The ref didnt need to count and although there was a couple of minutes anxiety for the watching Hatton family and fans he finally got up and seemed to have recovered....

Ten minutes after the fight he still looked a little dazed and was taken away for test which happily showed nothing wrong but a bruised ego......

This is the end for the popular Manchester fighter.....and goes to prove that Hatton was never in the very top class of fighter and learnt nothing from the Mayweather defeat...

There was no head movement and the usual Hatton charge towards his opponent who just used his speed and the fact Hatton was charging in to make the punches have more effect then they would have if Hatton would have boxed behind a jab.....

Going to Mayweather was always going to be the wrong decision and although he won the first two fights under the new trainer both were against light punching lower class fighters and in Vegas this morning all the faults he had before te Mayweather fight were there for all to see again.

Hatton has nowhere to go now.........i doubt he will drop down in class and fight for the British or european tittles as i dont think he could get himself motivated enough for those levels so retirement looks the better option for The Hitman who gave his mass of fans some great nights and the watching tv audiences some thrilling action throughout his career........

A nice genuine bloke who deserves the millions he made and now he can go away and eat what he likes and enjoy the rest of his life in the knowlege he entertained everyone........