03:09
Talk Sport Forums

Go Back   Talk Sport Forums > Football > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Claudio Ranieri - Could it be West Ham next ?

Old May 17th, 2018, 13:40
Derby Winner

Send a message via Skype™ to bennythedip2
Default Claudio Ranieri - Could it be West Ham next ?

Premier League clubs on alert with Claudio Ranieri due to leave Nantes (May 17 2018)

A number of Premier League clubs are on alert after learning former Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri will leave Nantes at the end of the season.

The 66-year-old was appointed last June on a two-year deal following the surprise departure of fans' favourite, Sergio Conceicao.

Nantes had been challenging for European qualification this season, but a recent run of one win their past eight league matches have seen them slip to 10th in the table.

Ranieri, who famously won the Premier League with Leicester in 2016, is 16/1 to be West Ham's next manager after David Moyes' departure this week.

"The club and the coach have decided to part company by mutual agreement," said Nantes president Waldemar Kita in a statement.

"We thank Claudio Ranieri and his staff for all the work done this season. We wish them a lot of success in their future projects."

"I want to thank the president because he offered me the chance to come to Nantes and to return to the French league," Ranieri said.

"I want to thank my players because the first half of the championship was wonderful, although the second part was more difficult.

"They gave everything, it really matters to me."